Ehhh, shouldn't this be connected? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ehhh, shouldn't this be connected?

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
ChemESGH
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ehhh, shouldn't this be connected?

Just got a 97 SE this past weekend. Been looking it over and getting familiar with it (changed out ignition switch, oil change and air filter change today). As I was adding new oil from the aforementioned oil change I found this unconnected wire:

Any help figuring this one out? I appreciate it!

ChemESGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
2ACR
That's Right I Support

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have AC? I have a 97 that had the AC pulled out. There are two or three wires for the compressor and such. That looks like the right spot for the AC. If you don't have AC there will be a u shaped deck right under that wire with threaded holes on each corner.

If I remember correctly I have another one near the block on the same side that is not connected to anything.

Those wires don't bother me any more. The ones that bother me are the three wires I found disconnected under the driver side dash. One is by the OBD2 and the others follow the ignition wires.
Jeep Jedi in Training.
2ACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Lynch_6913
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I could be wrong but it seems to look like a sensor plug, are all your gauges working properly? its near where the oil pressure gauge sensor is located, (next to oil filter...) or do you have any after market gauges installed?
Lynch_6913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I could be wrong also, but to me it looks like the plug that goes to the under hood light. I don't see any wires in the pic going to the hood.

D DING DING or bbbbuuuuzzzeeerrrr ?
spdnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
2ACR
That's Right I Support

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think spdnjoe may be right if I am not. I didn't really notice where the wire was coming from. I noticed its general location.

The hood light branches off those main lines running from left to right. One should go up and on to the hood.
Jeep Jedi in Training.
2ACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
element54
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hood light
Unread 03-23-2010, 04:24 AM   #7
ChemESGH
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man that hood light would have been nice when changing the oil last night. Awesome, I appreciate everyone's help!
ChemESGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
Lynch_6913
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Damn Spdnjoe after i read yours i figured you had it... but i didn't say nothing, had to hold onto the last sliver of hope.
Lynch_6913 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connector , engine , jeep , unknown , wire

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.