Edge Trail Jammer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Edge Trail Jammer?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
scanderw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Edge Trail Jammer?

I have a K&N Cold Air Intake system already... would buying the new edge trail jammer module and throttle body be worth it? I am asking because I am unsure if it will make a significant change because I already have the intake system. Has anyone installed this product already? Please let me know.

scanderw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
jeeptj19992001

i think so .... i have the trail jammer and love it.
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have not, but I highly doubt it would be worth the price. If your looking for more 'power' put your money toward gears.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

check out my signature I have a write up and review.

everything below has a hyperlink to the install/review
Rubicon Express Long Arm
D30 Alloy axle shafts with Alloy U joints
D30 Powertrax no slip locker
Skid row skids engine- gas tank - radiator- steering box
Expidition one trail series rear bumper and carrier
Edge Trail jammer install/review
Bestop Trailmax Aqua seat
Bestop Super top

Before you ask about a product in the Technical forums check out the product review section!
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
scanderw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
I have not, but I highly doubt it would be worth the price. If your looking for more 'power' put your money toward gears.
I have 4.11 gears because it is a Rubicon (automatic)... its still very sluggish on the highway, what else can you recommend.
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
jeeptj19992001

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanderw
I have 4.11 gears because it is a Rubicon (automatic)... its still very sluggish on the highway, what else can you recommend.
that is what i am running w/ 33's and the trail jammer gives me the power i needed w/ out going th 4.88's
Unread 05-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
njbowhntr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am running the Trail Jammer kit in my tj. I love the power that it gives me. I also have a homemade cai and and exhaust to help the air enter and leave the engine. It definately has alot more get up and go now. I also have been getting on average 2-2.5 more mpg. I can not wait to feel the power that I have after I regear.

Alot of people are going to tell you that you will get the same power out of a regear. But a regear does not add horsepower and torgue to the rear tires. It just makes what you have more usable.
Unread 05-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
justchip
2009 JK Wrangler 

What octane fuel are you running with the trail jammer?
justchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

87 octane fuel

Rubicon Express Long Arm
Bestop Super top

Before you ask about a product in the Technical forums check out the product review section!
Unread 05-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
scanderw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me
87 octane fuel
Does anyone know where to get the edge trail jammer module and Throttle Body for the cheapest?
Unread 05-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #11
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbowhntr
Alot of people are going to tell you that you will get the same power out of a regear. But a regear does not add horsepower and torgue to the rear tires. It just makes what you have more usable.
Incorrect. Switching from 4.10s to 4.56 will add about 11% more torque to the rear wheels. Thats what gears do, they multiply your torque (which is what is needed for larger tires). What gears don't do is add horsepower to your rear wheels.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #12
njbowhntr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
Incorrect. Switching from 4.10s to 4.56 will add about 11% more torque to the rear wheels. Thats what gears do, they multiply your torque (which is what is needed for larger tires). What gears don't do is add horsepower to your rear wheels.
Your engine is still putting the same amount of torgue to the trans/transfer case and then to your rear. You are just making better use of the torgue that comes back. With the Trail Jammer I am putting more torgue to my trans/transfer case and then out to my rear.
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:05 AM   #13
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Does anyone know where to get the edge trail jammer module and Throttle Body for the cheapest?

I thought 4wheelparts had the best prices. Whoever you call and talk to get the best price, then call 4wheelparts and they will match or beat that price.

Rubicon Express Long Arm
Bestop Super top

Unread 05-16-2007, 07:51 AM   #14
chandlerr

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me
I thought 4wheelparts had the best prices. Whoever you call and talk to get the best price, then call 4wheelparts and they will match or beat that price.
I always search online and find the best price and bring it in to 4wheelparts, I found the edge trailjammer (was with air intake too) for about 500 online and even though this is about 200 dollars cheaper than normal, 4wheelparts still honored it

2006 Black LJ Rubicon, mostly stock with 33's... soon to change
chandlerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #15
planman
Thanks to all Mod erators

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Always check eBay first.

eBay doesn't always have the best prices, but it should be your starting/reference point. For the trail jammer, it will be the least expensive.

I have the trail jammer with a K&N and can tell you that it makes a noticeable power difference at WOT (wide open throttle) and at higher rpms (over 2700 to 3000). Otherwise, the only difference it will make is the throttle body will whistle loud and your acceleration will be somewhat more responsive.

I like mine, but if I were to do it over again, I would have first spent the money on re-gearing. Re-gearing to 4.56s made much more of a difference than the trail jammer. I had more power and my mileage improved by 3-4 mpg.
planman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.