ebay vs q-tek cheap fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ebay vs q-tek cheap fog lights

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Red Rubycon

ebay vs q-tek cheap fog lights

One of my 04 fog lights met a rock and needs replaced. OEM is way too expensive.. Looking at either a set from ebay or q-tek and wondering if anyone else has them or another CHEAP set from somewhere else. I don't use them often, I just need them functional, don't have to be ultra high performance.

ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...03488538QQrdZ1

q-tek
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97016_00.htm

Red Rubycon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Based on looks alone, I'd suggest the Delta's over those eBay lights and their bling Jeep logos. From the sounds of it, you just want a set of cheap, functional lights and I think you can get cheaper ones that look almost identical to the Deltas at any auto parts store... I think Pep Boys has a set for like $24.95.
Unread 07-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #3
Red Rubycon

btt - any more ideas?
Red Rubycon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
KaiserJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a set of Hella 500's on my '97 TJ. They were clearly NOT better than the stock fogs. I had a set of cheap "Blazer" lights from an auto parts store on my '78 sports car and they were worse than the Hella's. IMHO if you spend $150 for a kit you might equal the quality of the stock fogs. Stick with a name brand.
2003 Wrangler Rubicon TJ
KaiserJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hella 500's come in 3 different lense types. You have Driving Light Lenses, Amber Fog Lenses, and finally what the 05-06 Jeeps come from the factory with Clear Fog Lenses. The Hella 500 Driving Lenses are very good especially if you stick some silverstar or APC hyperwhite H3's in them. With the Hella Fog Lenses you must remove the baffle if you want it to produce more light. You can get the Hella 500 Driving Light kit down at your local Wal-Mart for $62.00.

Tad

P.S. Those Jeep Lights above are a total Ebay gimic. Those are the same lights you can get at Northern Tool for $10.00 each except they say SRS vs Jeep.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio

Last edited by Best4x4; 07-16-2006 at 05:11 PM..
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
ixl4

from those 2 options id go with the deltas, otherwise go get some hella lights from pep boys or walmart if they have them.

i would be weary of those ebay things, although i bought 4 kc knockoffs off ebay ($30 for 4) 4 years ago, and they still run, albeit a lil dim to this day on the original bulbs.

2000 Sport Manual.
Mods: RE 3.5 / JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML / Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar / Dunlop Rover 33s Cragar 397 Soft Wheels / Winch / Nates4x4 Front Bumper & Rear w/ Tire Carrier / RE .75" Spacers / P.O.R.C. SYE / RE CV DS / Nth Degree Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms / SkyJacker Front and Rear Lower Arms
ixl4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #7
ocezam

I've had these on my bumper and windshield (4 total ) for about three years. Very inexpensive. They sometimes come on sale for $9. Lots of light for the meager outlay.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47394
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i got hellas from wal mart for about 50 bucks. they're pretty good
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #9
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Here these are like 35 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-130...06931136QQrdZ1
JESSETHELJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.