Durango steering box trouble shooting, hard to turn right. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Durango steering box trouble shooting, hard to turn right.

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Durango steering box trouble shooting, hard to turn right.

Hey guys, I just installed my durango steering box yesterday bc my old heep box was leaking. I plan on jumpin up to 35's soon which is one reason I went for the upgrade/replacement.

I was just curious as to why it is tighter/harder to steer to the right VS the left turn. I know my tie rods n such need to be replaced n all too but i dont think that would cause that problem. my old box steered each way the same. could it be the 33 inch tires? can my pump not handle it?

Unread 07-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
EvilMonkey
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When you say that it's hard to steer right, does that mean the steering feels like it's catching on something or there's more resistance? I've had a durango box in mine for about a year now and the only difference I noticed was a tighter feel to the steering. I'm running 33x12.50 15x8
EvilMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

does your jeep have an airbag? I think there might be some kind of sensor that causes that hard steer. take it to an alignment shop and see what they say.
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Tkahne88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
When you say that it's hard to steer right, does that mean the steering feels like it's catching on something or there's more resistance? I've had a durango box in mine for about a year now and the only difference I noticed was a tighter feel to the steering. I'm running 33x12.50 15x8
yah, to me it feels as if there is more resistance going right. people tell me its all good though. idk

Tags
durango , tj , wrangler , steering , issue , problem , steering box , right turn , trouble

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.