Durango Alternator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Durango Alternator

Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREEThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
Thug Nasty

Durango Alternator

okay, there was a thread about the durango alternators. the part number is 56027913 for the 136 amp alternators.

ive found one at a parts yard, and its the same numbers, except with AB after it. has anyone had experience with this? what does it mean?? thanks alot guys- DAVE

97' Blackie with 2.5 4 popper, 3 spd auto and 3.73's, tan top, half doors, tinted rears, 15 X 8 DC1's, 31X10.50 Baja Claws, 2" spacers with hydros, windshield lights (10$ specials), KC grilles so I can look rich, Chicago Electric REW9000 winch, Premier deck and front 5.25's- Xplod 6.5 in soundbar, cheapo discos, bored 4.0 TB and bored manifold, 4.0 intake, Fabtech steering box skidplate, aluminum radiator, 13.4 mpg
Thug Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i thought the alt mod was a XJ alt, and the power steering mod was from durango?
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
Thug Nasty

they are all the "same" alternators.

does the durango steering work too??

i just didnt know what the AB meant
97' Blackie with 2.5 4 popper, 3 spd auto and 3.73's, tan top, half doors, tinted rears, 15 X 8 DC1's, 31X10.50 Baja Claws, 2" spacers with hydros, windshield lights (10$ specials), KC grilles so I can look rich, Chicago Electric REW9000 winch, Premier deck and front 5.25's- Xplod 6.5 in soundbar, cheapo discos, bored 4.0 TB and bored manifold, 4.0 intake, Fabtech steering box skidplate, aluminum radiator, 13.4 mpg
Unread 09-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

ya the power steering box from a 98 durango 4x4 w/318 v8 bolts right up
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
FleetPlans.com
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The "AB" just refers to the "generation" of the part number.

The two letter designation is something that DCX added about 6 - 8 years ago. They did it in response to concerns about vendor quality and the need to issue new part numbers.

In the past if a vendor was shipping a bad part that needed to be purged from inventory, DCX had to issue a new part number for the "good" parts.

With the revised system, the core portion of the part number always stays the same - only the last two letters change.

I hope this information is helpful.

Have a great afternoon.
FleetPlans.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
Thug Nasty

ohhhh. i thought you were talking about the durango tie rod stuff, like what you get off the ZJ V8 ones.

ive already got power steering, but it would be nice to be able to run all of my stuff and maybe a fan off a taurus in the future.

so let me get this- its still the same 136 amp alternator? just making sure. i dont wanna go buy a smaller alt.

thanks alot for the help guys- DAVE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.