dropped pitman arm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > dropped pitman arm

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Droyer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

dropped pitman arm

I have the 3" rustys lift that came with a dropped pitman arm and i had no issues. I recently installed the re1600 track bar (I know all about needing to be properly bump stopped) and now I have some bump-steer. So since I know it changed the geometry of my steering a bit I think installing a oem pitman arm would get my steering back were it needs to be?

Also I have some sagging in the front that needs correcting I measure 7" from center of the wheel to the fender in the rear and 5 1/2" from the center to the fender in the front so to level it out I can just purchase a 1 1/2" spacer and put it in front correct? this is with a full tank of gas and my hardtop on as well.

06' X d30/35 4.10(yukon) 31x10.5x15 goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rusty's 3" lift(regret) RE superflex fixed lower ca's front/rear RE adjustable upper superflex ca's front/rear, smittybuilt src front bumper -stinger, xrc8 winch.
Droyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
MayRoll
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, remove the DPA. The RE1600 TB does not come with a drop bracket so you'll need to use the OE pitman arm.
MayRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Droyer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

that's what i figured from reading various threads. Thank you MayRoll, Dose the 1.5" spacer sound right for leveling out the sag and rake of my front end?
06' X d30/35 4.10(yukon) 31x10.5x15 goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rusty's 3" lift(regret) RE superflex fixed lower ca's front/rear RE adjustable upper superflex ca's front/rear, smittybuilt src front bumper -stinger, xrc8 winch.
Droyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.