driving with a lockrite - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > driving with a lockrite

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

driving with a lockrite

just picked up a brand new d30 lockrite locker from someone on pirate. I know that they engage when power is sent to them but what are some other do's and do not's with these things

first time locked noob. sorry

duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you keep it in 2wd on the road you will be fine and will not have any issues with it.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'll hear mine rachet occasionally on a really right turn at low speeds. If I flip a u turn with much speed I can hear it pretty well, but that's it. I run 85-140 gear oil in it to help quiet it down. All in all, best thing I ever did to my jeep
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the locker. I put a lock rite in my d30 list month. Last night was my first test. I pulled a Jetta that was buried up past its axles in the mud. When I pulled in reverse I felt the front axle lock and it pulled like an bull. Absolutely no wheel spin on the front wheels. On road I have no issues. No popping or unloading some say the have with auto lockers. The only way I can hear it click around corners is if I have the window down and sound system off and I have to listen closely to hear it. One of the cheapest best upgrades you can do. I don't have snow or ice in my area, but some guys say you gotta be careful driving in 4wd on slick surfaces.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks everyone
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.