Driveshaft mods on Rubicon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Driveshaft mods on Rubicon?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 03-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
NL--RED_RUBI
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Driveshaft mods on Rubicon?

I have an 2003 Wrangler Rubicon and was planning on putting the Currie Johnny Joint control arms and 4 inch springs on it. I believe the Rubicon model comes stock with a CV joint but would I need to replace the factory drive shaft or can I get by???

NL--RED_RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The 241 came with a fixed yoke, but not a CV shaft. I would go with a local drive shaft shop to make you a shaft, or find a compatible front DS and have it cut down.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

rubicons do NOT come with a CV rear shaft from the factory. but you'll need one for your lift.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wh...nt-one-854790/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
MooSe7
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a pretty sweet write up there Unlimited
MooSe7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice , cv joint , lift , rubicon

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.