Driveline Vibration Question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Driveline Vibration Question

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been on vibes since last october. They were really bad when I first lifted now they are very minor since the MML i put in...ive had no problems yet, just saving up for that SYE.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Ive been on vibes since last october. They were really bad when I first lifted now they are very minor since the MML i put in...ive had no problems yet, just saving up for that SYE.
Are you regularly checking on your rear pinion seal and u joints? I'm saving up for a SYE, DC shaft and upper rear adjustable CAs too. I too have a MML and that was sufficient to eliminate my vibes after my 2" suspension lift. Unfortunately the vibes returned after I installed my UCF transfer case skid. I was able to remove the vibes once more, by installing a transfer case spacer/drop.

If you're still getting some minor vibes, I recommend dropping your transfer case a washer at a time until they are completely gone. This will save your u joints and pinion seal from a premature failure.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Are you regularly checking on your rear pinion seal and u joints? I'm saving up for a SYE, DC shaft and upper rear adjustable CAs too. I too have a MML and that was sufficient to eliminate my vibes after my 2" suspension lift. Unfortunately the vibes returned after I installed my UCF transfer case skid. I was able to remove the vibes once more, by installing a transfer case spacer/drop.

If you're still getting some minor vibes, I recommend dropping your transfer case a washer at a time until they are completely gone. This will save your u joints and pinion seal from a premature failure.
Oh yeah. I keep a set of 2 spare u joints in my glove box too I'm always checking them after every day where I'm driving a lot. I'll try the washer thing, gotta keep my frame nutserts from spinning first so I can get the skid down.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

SYE/CV shaft is the best way to spend your money ever.
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
SYE/CV shaft is the best way to spend your money ever.
Don't forget the $$$ hardware required to adjust your pinion angle too .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Don't forget the $$$ hardware required to adjust your pinion angle too .
It was kinda weird; when i put mine in, I had ordered upper adj. CAs and an angled track bar bracket, but after i put the SYE & shaft in (I was still waiting on the CAs to be delivered) the angle was perfect with the stock CAs

Tags
driveline vibes , driveline vibrations , skyjacker , transfer case , transfer case drop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.