Driveline Vibration Question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Driveline Vibration Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been on vibes since last october. They were really bad when I first lifted now they are very minor since the MML i put in...ive had no problems yet, just saving up for that SYE.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Ive been on vibes since last october. They were really bad when I first lifted now they are very minor since the MML i put in...ive had no problems yet, just saving up for that SYE.
Are you regularly checking on your rear pinion seal and u joints? I'm saving up for a SYE, DC shaft and upper rear adjustable CAs too. I too have a MML and that was sufficient to eliminate my vibes after my 2" suspension lift. Unfortunately the vibes returned after I installed my UCF transfer case skid. I was able to remove the vibes once more, by installing a transfer case spacer/drop.

If you're still getting some minor vibes, I recommend dropping your transfer case a washer at a time until they are completely gone. This will save your u joints and pinion seal from a premature failure.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Are you regularly checking on your rear pinion seal and u joints? I'm saving up for a SYE, DC shaft and upper rear adjustable CAs too. I too have a MML and that was sufficient to eliminate my vibes after my 2" suspension lift. Unfortunately the vibes returned after I installed my UCF transfer case skid. I was able to remove the vibes once more, by installing a transfer case spacer/drop.

If you're still getting some minor vibes, I recommend dropping your transfer case a washer at a time until they are completely gone. This will save your u joints and pinion seal from a premature failure.
Oh yeah. I keep a set of 2 spare u joints in my glove box too I'm always checking them after every day where I'm driving a lot. I'll try the washer thing, gotta keep my frame nutserts from spinning first so I can get the skid down.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

SYE/CV shaft is the best way to spend your money ever.
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
SYE/CV shaft is the best way to spend your money ever.
Don't forget the $$$ hardware required to adjust your pinion angle too .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Don't forget the $$$ hardware required to adjust your pinion angle too .
It was kinda weird; when i put mine in, I had ordered upper adj. CAs and an angled track bar bracket, but after i put the SYE & shaft in (I was still waiting on the CAs to be delivered) the angle was perfect with the stock CAs

Tags
driveline vibes , driveline vibrations , skyjacker , transfer case , transfer case drop

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.