Drive line vibration solutions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
WillieP23
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Drive line vibration solutions

So I have a 1998 2.5L TJ. I just installed a RC 2.5" suspension lift which came with 1" pucks to mount to the diff skid plate. So I installed the spacers so that i would not have to deal with any vibes. However since the pucks did their job and reduced the drive line angle which of course lowers the transmission and in turn made 2nd, 4th, and reverse gear alot harder to shift into and keep it there.

So my question is what should i do if anything. I'm look ing at a couple options.

1. Leave the spacers and just deal with some of my gears poping out or not going in very easily when i drive around town.

2. Leave the spacers and get the shifting linkage bent to make it easier to shift. (because the only way to adjust the shifting linakge is to bend it right? I just cant loosen a screw and move a rod or something like that sorrect?)

3. Remove the spacers and install a motor mount lift like the JKS 1" bmm. That should fix my shifting issue and at the same time keep my drive line angle correct. However I am not running a body lift and not sure how easy they are to install with out a bl on and also, is there any thing else that I would need to do after installing the mm.

4. Remove the spacers and install an sye kit. This would defently solve my driveline angle and my most expensive option. But I don't know if this is complete overkill because I never plan on lifting my heep more than it is because I only want to run 32's because of my 4 banger.

So alot of options and Im pretty new to the whole drive line geometry thing so any advice would be helpful. Any knew options would also be helpful.

Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieP23 View Post

4. Remove the spacers and install an sye kit. This would defently solve my driveline angle and my most expensive option. But I don't know if this is complete overkill because I never plan on lifting my heep more than it is because I only want to run 32's because of my 4 banger.
Thanks alot
This option will be like adding 34s with your tc drop when it comes to your belly clearance by getting rid of the 1" drop.

You can also grind out the tub a little where the stick is hitting the tub...

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-24-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
WillieP23
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the advice man.. I'll probly go with the sye just curious if any of the other cheaper solutions would fix my problem for sure. Any one else got anything to add?

post #4 of 5 Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 PM
lawson1273
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its probably not hitting your tub. I did the drop and later removed it because of the same issue you had. I just added a few washer three to be exact to drop it just enough so I didn't get vibes. I also replaced the rubber shifter boot with an after market pleather one I got at auto zone which freed up about an 1-1 1/2 of space for shifting. I believe the boot was like 10 bucks. Its one of the universal ones. Worth a try it worked for me.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Get the MML from RC and take the spacers out.All you need to do is move the fan shroud 1"(no BL) by drilling new holes or using brackets that come with BL kits.I have the brackets if you want them(free).

Tags
vibrations , drive line , tj , wrangler , sye , t-case , drop , solution , advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.