drip drip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > drip drip

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
cake
2001 XJ Cherokee 

drip drip

hey fellas,

my mom has a 98 sahara (maybe I'll inherit it one day) and shes got a problem that she explained to me like so:

I have a small amt. of light brown drip coming from under the dash board on to the floor upholstery on the passenger side. Also, it's on th garage floor under the jeep(not a lot). have any idea what it might be?

ideas?

maybe she has a hole in her weather stripping or firewall somewhere, and nasty *** rainwater is getting through? never heard of an interior oil leak

id take a look at it but im in college 1000 miles away.

cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
Giviner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

AC condensation drain.

It's a fairly common problem on earlier model TJ's.

This should help: http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/ac/acleak-1.htm
Giviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
cake
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not sure if thats the right fix- that artilce said it comes on the passenger side on the right side, but she said its coming in from the left side, by the console. She took it to some place, and the guy quoted her 700-800, beucase he either has to cherrypick the engine, or remove the dash and get to the heather core/cord/coil. The liquid is antifreeze with rust in it(thats what the guy said)

seems like a rip off to me???
cake is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.