Drain Plug Removal with Pics! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Drain Plug Removal with Pics!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #16
Trailguide
2012 WK 

I have a 2001 TJ with drain holes (removable plugs) in the back foot well. I un cork those all the time when it fills with water.

Trailguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Newer TJ's have one round rubber plug and two oval "permanent" plugs in each footwell - front & rear. The problem in the front is one of those permanent plugs is exactly where the water collects. Which IMO was a REALLY stupid way to do it. If I could get rubber plugs to put in those particular holes I'd take the factory ones out.
holes-001b.jpg   holes-002b.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
tazzerboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you ever decide to line your tub, be sure to explain that you want them to do the proper prep work: Take out the plugs, file them in or cover them up with tape or something, remove it before it hardens too much, etc. etc. etc. One would figure that a professional shop, who claims they have done a ton of jeeps before, would know to do it on their own, but the stupid idiots at my local Reflex dealer lined the "whole" tub with the freakin' plugs in it and the covered all of the screw holes for the center console, rear seat belts, etc.!!!

If anything, I recommend you do it youself with either a U-POL Raptor or an Al's Liner kit
tazzerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #19
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
I though everyone knew that.
So did I, but the TJ Boot Camp needs the thread, so here it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
THOSE are the plugs that DC should have made easily removable! The floor pan is designed to have the water drain out right there instead of where the smaller, round, rubber plugs are. I'd pull all those out if it wasn't permanent or if I could find an oval rubber plug to replace them with. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Yeah that was one thing that bugged me when I washed it out. I tried turning the Heep around on the driveway to allow the water to move towards the front, and it didn't work. I just left a towel in each rear footwell for a few minutes.... soaked it right up
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #20
SHAKEnBLAKE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don;t even call those holes in the top of the fenders drains. Chrysler must have been on crack, or there is some other good reason for those. They'd be great I guess if you parked your jeep upside down and water collected in the wheel wells and you wanted to drain your water to the inside
Unread 05-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #21
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
Don;t even call those holes in the top of the fenders drains. Chrysler must have been on crack, or there is some other good reason for those. They'd be great I guess if you parked your jeep upside down and water collected in the wheel wells and you wanted to drain your water to the inside
I just calls em as I sees em... they're rubber, in a hole, and shaped weird. Sounds like either a drain plug or a... nevermind.
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.