Downstream O2 Sensor Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Downstream O2 Sensor Problems

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #1
JeeperAbe

Downstream O2 Sensor Problems

Well it all started yesterday morning when i found out that both O2 sensors needed to be replaced. THe dealership wanted 300 to install and i was like no. Came home and went to the parts place and got both O2 Sensors and put the front one in, no problems, then i went to the rear one and i got the old one out and went to put in the new one and it doesn't fit, the probe it to big to fit into the hole. So i go back to the parts place and thats the only one they have for it, so then i look at a universal one and same problem to big, the only one that looked like it would fit was one for a Jeep Cherokee. Have any of you had any problems with it not fitting. I think im going to go to the jeep dealership to see if they have the right one and if it will fit.

The one thing im starting to think is that the dealership we took the jeep to to get the cat replaced didn't have the right cat and didn't bother to order one and put a spare one they had around the shop on and just spliced the plug wit and O2 sensor that would fit. Im so pissed because they have screwed us over on every car weve owned. Needless to say we dont go there anymore. So what do you guys think i should do???

Unread 05-29-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Take that one back and get it from the dealer. It will be the same price. I had the same problem and just got it from the dealer.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
JeeperAbe

Ok thanks..i took the one back already so ill go over to the dealer this week sometime.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.