Dome Light LED Swap Write-Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dome Light LED Swap Write-Up

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
BABrax
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dome Light LED Swap Write-Up

This is a write-up on how to swap the OEM dome light with an LED light. Couldn't find a write up on here when i looked so i made one myself. Very easy, but for visual help here's what you do.

Step One
Remove the dome light cover. Its just a plastic cover that is latched on. Mine had a gap in it already, so i just popped it off with my fingers. If yours is more difficult there are notches for a flat head screwdriver on the front and back.

Step Two (And final step)
Slide the old bulb out, slide your new LED in. Very simple. Then just pop the light over back on and its good to go!

Very Simple, and makes the world of difference.

Some more info:
Dome Light LED Size-LED 921/T13
Best place to buy from is superbrightleds.com they have a cross referencing guide that tells you all the bulbs that will fit under that size. just click the size on the left http://www.superbrightleds.com/bulb_cross.php

Very easy and i hope it helps! You can also pick bulbs with different colors to do a color change on the inside, just follow the same steps!
Before and after pics later tonight!

BABrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
vtx531
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice write-up but is it really bright enough for you? I think most people go with an LED panel in there.

MY JEEP
vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

light pics
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
BABrax
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtx531 View Post
Nice write-up but is it really bright enough for you? I think most people go with an LED panel in there.
Hard to tell by the pictures but i like it! Not blinding light, but its definitely brighter. No over doing it, but definitely makes a difference
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
BABrax
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Before/After pics

Here is a pic of light off compared to light off in the front seat

Pics are hard to tell, but i am beyond satisfied with the results. Not crazy bright to where you cant see with it on, and provides great light for basically the entire jeep
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Cavasar
No Longer DD

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtx531 View Post
I think a single bulb would probably suffice, I used a panel of LEDs when I changed mine like you said though. Also did the courtesy lights in LED.

Tags
dome light , led , LED lights , lighting , write-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.