Does Rampage make quality soft tops? Anyone own the Bowless Soft Top by Rampage? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Does Rampage make quality soft tops? Anyone own the Bowless Soft Top by Rampage?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Arron
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Does Rampage make quality soft tops? Anyone own the Bowless Soft Top by Rampage?

Im trying to pick out my next soft top and i was wondering if Rampage made quality soft tops?
If you own a Rampage soft top please leave some feedback on it.
Also the new bowless soft top from Rampage just came out and i was wondering if anyone has purchased one yet? If so how is the quality, construction, and fit?

Thanks for any input!

Arron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I want my next soft top to be bowless, and preferably not Bestop (I hate my bestop supertop). Rampage was one I was looking at so I'm curious what people think about them to.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Bubbarossa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure they are out yet, I thought it was the beginning of April?
Bubbarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The bowless is the Viking. Viking sold the rights to Rampage. Correct above, they have not hit the street yet.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Arron
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
The bowless is the Viking. Viking sold the rights to Rampage. Correct above, they have not hit the street yet.
I just talked to a lady in customer service at a major retailer and she claimed that they were getting a huge shipment of the bowless rampage tops this past friday (3/12).
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Rubiconivore
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
I just talked to a lady in customer service at a major retailer and she claimed that they were getting a huge shipment of the bowless rampage tops this past friday (3/12).
Let me know if you end up buying one. I was looking into the Viking top and wanted to make sure this one had the same quality before I bought. Good luck
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
SolidBrass
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My Rampage bumper experience was/is very bad.
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #8
hornhunter
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage soft top

I Purchased a new rampage Black Diamond Soft top for my 99 TJ in December of 09. I didnt want to put it on in the winter but really had no choice.
It just seems to have alot of sagging and doesnt seem as tight as my old one. Rampage keeps telling me that heat will take the wrinkles out.
We have been haveing some pretty warm and sunny days here is the eastern part of Texas and i have intentionly parke it in direct sunlight but it still has the wrinkles. Also where it fits over the header bar it is all wrinkled up.

i cant afford to toss it and get another one but
hornhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
The Rampage tops have been out for quite a while, you can get them on 4wd.com.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
The Rampage tops have been out for quite a while, you can get them on 4wd.com.
Anybody here actually get one from 4wd? Every experience I've had with them is "sorry sir your item is on backorder", I don't even bother with them anymore.

leolufse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
AK99
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Does viking still make the tops or only Rampage?
AK99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
Vandano
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Yeah I want my next soft top to be bowless, and preferably not Bestop (I hate my bestop supertop). Rampage was one I was looking at so I'm curious what people think about them to.
you would have been much more satisfied with bestop had you spent the money and purchased a quality sailcloth top. as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for"
Vandano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #13
Arron
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
The retailer i was talking about was 4wd.com and sure enough every time i call them they tell me that "the top will be in by the end of that week or the end of the next week" and "would i like to place my order now?" I tell them ill call back until they are actually in stock. Well after calling for a month getting the same answers over and over I gave up on them... If they cant give me an honest answer i dont want to deal with them.

I thought i got lucky and found one of the few remaining viking soft tops from A to Z fabrication and placed my order online but when i called to see when to expect it they told me that the viking tops are no longer available and since i placed my order ill be receiving the rampage top (and an undisclosed amount of money back which kinda worries me). Anyone have any experience dealing with A to Z? They keep telling me that they will keep me informed on the shipment and arrival/availability of the rampage top but im the one that has to keep calling and checking up on it. I dont want to hound them but i hate having ~$700 in limbo that i paid for a top that i wont be getting since the Rampage replaced the Viking.

A to Z told me earlier this week that the tops should have cleared customs yesterday (3-26). I just dont want this to turn into another 4wd.com run around.

Any reassurance about A to Z would be comforting.
Unread 03-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #14
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

a to z is a vendor in the jeep club i am in. they wont screw you out of you money. the reason he doesnt kno how much your getting back is he probably didnt figure out what his cost is totally yet
Unread 03-31-2010, 11:52 PM   #15
Cjensenr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So, is Viking making/producing the tops anymore or did the sell the rights to manufacture to BestTop/Rampage/Smitty Built/Rugged Ridge..?..Lol!

C.
Cjensenr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.