does bestop softtop folds down like oem softtop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > does bestop softtop folds down like oem softtop

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
kevincat
1998 TJ Wrangler 

does bestop softtop folds down like oem softtop

i was wondering if the bestop softtop with bestop hardware folds down like the oem hardware.

does it folds down like this?

also would a bestop softtop fit on oem hardware. i search but didnt really found the answer i was looking for.

kevincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

double post
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
southtxdstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

supertop wont fit factory hardware
replace-a-top will fit factory hardware

a little different, but the supertop on my CJ-7 folded down
i wouldnt go so far as to say it folded down nicely, but im biased
i hate the way a folded softop looks on a jeep

i would rather just remove it completely and with the new quick release bow knuckles you can buy now i dont see why anyone would do it any other way
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
southtxdstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes it does and Bestop Replace A Top fits the OEM hardware.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Actually, no. It doesn't. Yes, the replace-a-top is the same as the OEM, but the Supertop that he's asking about isn't anything like the factory top. It doesn't fold like the factory top and it won't fit the factory hardware.

To the OP, do a search for Supertop on here and you'll see how awful it is.
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
Actually, no. It doesn't. Yes, the replace-a-top is the same as the OEM, but the Supertop that he's asking about isn't anything like the factory top. It doesn't fold like the factory top and it won't fit the factory hardware.

To the OP, do a search for Supertop on here and you'll see how awful it is.
Where did he say Supertop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincat View Post
i was wondering if the bestop softtop with bestop hardware folds down like the oem hardware.
does it folds down like this?

also would a bestop softtop fit on oem hardware. i search but didnt really found the answer i was looking for.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

He didn't say Supertop, but he did say Bestop top with Bestop hardware.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the picture above is showing OEM soft top hardware, which is nothing like Bestop's hardware.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Exactly...... Like Boogie Said. As long as you're talkin about a bestop replace-a-top IT DOES FIT just make sure you get the correct year and model down. There was a slight revision in tops in 2003.

Furthermore, Bestop makes the top for DC (Diamler Chrysler) Jeep doesn't make a top. They buy from Bestop. All our OEM tops are bestop tops. Call Bestop if you feel I'm full of it.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
He didn't say Supertop, but he did say Bestop top with Bestop hardware.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the picture above is showing OEM soft top hardware, which is nothing like Bestop's hardware.
I'll correct you. The pic above shows both OEM & bestop. Bestop makes OEM hardware & OEM tops for DC.
I can even go into greater detail and point out that this pic is showing a 1997-2002 type of top. You can tell by the sound bar being full width & the roll bar padding is as thick as the 2003-2006 padding.

I THINK what we need is for the op to tell us which bestop he is lookin to get.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bestop may very well make OEM softop hardware for Jeep, but you can't buy it from Bestop. Therefore, when the OP said "bestop hardware", I would have to assume that he meant aftermarket Bestop hardware. Maybe a bad assumption on my part.

I'm well aware that the Bestop replace-a-top fits the OEM hardware, since I have one.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
BillyV65
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well this is all I know about the Bestop. When I bought my '97 back in March, the guy said he put an almost brand new top on it. Me, not knowing jack sheet about Jeeps nor tops, I brought it home and waited for the weather to warm up to drop the top. Now, I've got a header bar with a metal bar running down the roll bar on each side attached to nothing along with trying to get the stupid "bows" to fold down and not get tangled up while trying to lower the top.

All I can say, is that I am currently in the market for a factory soft top with complete hardware and this piece of garbage will no longer be in my life.

But to answer the question, it WILL fold down but I hope you got some reserve patience and it's not raining when you put it back up!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.