DND control arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > DND control arms

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

DND control arms

Hey, I have been doing some research and found DND offroad, they will build me front and rear, lower, double adjustable control arms with Johnny joints at both ends for $450. They make them out of square tube which from what I've seen is best, any comments? Just wondering if anyone has used their arms and how well they last/work.
TIA!

AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

i dont think you want DOUBLE adjustable arms. but if they are for sure using johnny joints, go for it. i had a set of rokmens made for $350. this was just for one pair of lowers.
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Y do you say not double adjustable arms? Just curious, seems it would be better and give more adjustment while maintaining minimum thread extension. Just thinking out loud here.
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well i was gonna get a set of rear uppers from them

they made front uppers, they used fluxcore, and they had no jamb nuts. would they work? yes

was it what i asked, wanted, and expected from them? no

there a forum supporter on here, and a rausch sponsor. Their good guys, I just expect more

iron man 4x4 fab makes similar cheap control arms, but I have found their quality to be much better.
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjeepMan View Post
Y do you say not double adjustable arms? Just curious, seems it would be better and give more adjustment while maintaining minimum thread extension. Just thinking out loud here.
just another jamb nut to come loose. do johnny joints even come with left hand threads?
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes Johnny joints come in lh thread, and I sent iron man 4x4 an email to get a quote...I'm making a call tomorrow or Thursday to one of the two companies...will let you know when ordered.
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

are you wanting custom length lower arms?
Unread 07-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #8
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, well I found the long arm (radius arm) kit from iron man 4x4 fab, and I just might go with them instead. It would be nice to have long arms up front, and the price is certainly right! Any words of advice when it comes to frame brackets? I was thinking of having a shop fab some up and weld them on, and installing the arms myself to limit costs, and keep my hands on my jeep as much as possible and other hands off.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
Unread 07-14-2010, 04:51 AM   #9
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

clayton,ballistic and poly performance all have the brackets you need

they have a 2.5"-2.63" id for mounting.
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also, what are the benefits of radius arms over true 4-link? Additional up travel?
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #11
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjeepMan View Post
Also, what are the benefits of radius arms over true 4-link? Additional up travel?
additional DOWN travel. you are not limited by the upper arms binding because of being mounted at the frame, so you get crazy amounts of droop.

i thought this was a debate at one time that radius arms twist the axle tubes forward on the droop side and backwards on the up travel side...? i guess it doesnt hold water since the radius arms are still around.
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #12
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
additional DOWN travel. you are not limited by the upper arms binding because of being mounted at the frame, so you get crazy amounts of droop.

i thought this was a debate at one time that radius arms twist the axle tubes forward on the droop side and backwards on the up travel side...? i guess it doesnt hold water since the radius arms are still around.
I thought about the same argument against radius arms, but even a true 4-link will twist the axle when there is that much difference in axle position because they are unequal length arms. Well I'll be ordering the radius arms later this week or Monday for sure as I found a shop that will fab up frame brackets.
Unread 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #13
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know of a thread specifically about the comparison of radius arms and a 4-link front set up?

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.

Tags
dnd , control arm , ca , uca , lca

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.