So far i have only done the drivers rear. Took about 5hrs, but i spent a bunch of time just looking at it and making sure i didn't F' it up. I'm going to relocate the evap BS to the drivers side to make room on the passenger side to cut in deeper and build a little storage thing like i did on my last jeep. Then i'll modify my intake (with before and after dynos, just because i can).
Are you planning on doing a DIY highline on the front fenders also??? If so, Hopefully you take as much time on the front as you did on the rear. Some of the DIY front fender highlines i've seen on JF look a little ragged.
Looks good except for the flares. It would bug the hell out of me that they do not go all the way to the bottom of the tub anymore. .
x2. You did a good job on it, but the flare thing would really bug me on my rig. Kind of makes it look like a body-lift gone wrong. I think it would look good without the flare though. Kudos for the cajones to do it!
Yesterday i relocated the evap. It was a pain due to a couple things, one being i loaned my right angle drill to a friend (who is out of town!) Doh!. That cost me at least an hour, but i ended up using one of those twist bendy things on the end of my drill with some hex shank drill bits. Then i finished off the holes with self tapping sheet metal screws. I spent a lot of time trying to unplug that stupid electrical connector because its very hard to see when the evap is in the original location. Remember that the red safety thing needs to get pushed down about 1/8" before the connector can open. I just cut the wires (had to get done sometime). I moved the T for the vacuum lines to the other side along with the evap. I cut the small hose that goes on the t and that was a ***** to get onto the t. I gave up and used a larger piece of hose to go over it with a clamp. I almost busted out my lighter to soften up the end and make it easier, but not on a gas line!! Once you hack up the bracket that the evap had, its actually a good fit on the drivers side. It pretty much butts up against the back of the tub where the tail light comes thru (no flush mounts for me now )
I welded on a tab to the metal brace and then a piece of SS to go across and bolt onto the tub seams. The electrical part is super easy, the wires start on the drivers side to just match up the colors. You will need a long thick walled vacuum tube to run from the tank hat to the other side. I had some from something else, but make sure the tube won't crush down under vacuum.
It took about 4-5hrs just for the relocation, and my hands had plenty of bleeding cuts on them at the end of the day. I hate working in cramped situations! Pics will come once i lift the passenger side.
I think it will look much better with some 35s filling the gap.