Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Differential leak!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ColoradoSkier 
#1 ·
so i crawled under the jeep today to find a nice little leak out of the front differential... it seems to be coming straight out of the gasket. it's really not a very substancial leak yet, but i don't want it to get that way... how can i fix this problem? i was thinking if i drain the diff. and take it apart and just replace the gasket, but i don't want to mess anything up. hopefully you all can point me in the right direction! thanks in advance!

#3 ·
01TeeJay01 said:
so i crawled under the jeep today to find a nice little leak out of the front differential... it seems to be coming straight out of the gasket. it's really not a very substancial leak yet, but i don't want it to get that way... how can i fix this problem? i was thinking if i drain the diff. and take it apart and just replace the gasket, but i don't want to mess anything up. hopefully you all can point me in the right direction! thanks in advance!
I have the same issue. Mine is the handy work of a dealership from a repair . Just not sure if I want to go thru the hassle of dealing with the dealership. I may just take care of it my self like TJSilverSport02 stated.

Attachments

#5 ·
As mentioned, replacing the gasket on the diff cover is pretty straightforward and easy. I have done this on mine in the past with no problem. I get to do the pinion seal in the near future. Judging from the FSM, that looks like a LOT more fun... :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.