A different type of led signal problem / halo headlights - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
mr_bungle
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A different type of led signal problem / halo headlights

so i installed these halo headlights with white ring on when running or parking light is on and that turns off when the signal is turned on and flashing . it works but the problem is the signal is only working when i have the factory signal bulb in , if i plug a 3/4 inch led light instead , the amber light is solid , if i put the OEM bulb in the amber ring flashes perfectly if i remove the OEM bulb it is solid. it only works when the OEM bulb is in . now i could just not use the amber ring for the signal and everything works fine . and i will just install the the 3/4 inch led for the signal , get rid of the OEM light and call it a day . but i bought this light set up to use the amber signal ring . i have a video of the problem .
my goal is since i have metalcloak fenders and i will be installing them this weekend , and can not use the factory signals " the big rectangular ones" .
i would like to use the amber ring for the signal " but can not without the factory bulbs " . and i would like to also use the 3/4 inch signal / running light too . also does anyone think i need to run a diode between the halo amber signal wire and/or the white running halo to get it work properly ? any help would be great

here is a short video on the problem . if anyone needs more info let me know thank you
https://youtu.be/c7hYmQBPnFU

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-18-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
mr_bungle
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the only thing i can think of is a resistor from the ground to signal wire . and yes i have an led flasher too i had that a long time ago when i converted my rears to led
post #3 of 5 Old 06-19-2017, 01:05 PM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't follow your original post. Just reads like a jumble of works and no real sentence structure. Try re-wording so it's more clear and you'll get better help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-19-2017, 03:05 PM
WmGardner

2001 TJ Wrangler 

A different type of led signal problem / halo headlights

Where are you trying to insert the LED, at the side marker or in the front fender (or both)?

What do the leads/connectors/harness look like for the new lights?

What are you wiring the running lights and turns into for the headlights?

What are you hoping to accomplish with the LED you showed us?

You know, this could just be your Jeep protesting that ugly *** "angry" grill you have on there..... (JK!!!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Jeeping!
Bill

-'01 TJ ("play" Jeep)
-'06 LJ (daily driver)

Don't piss me off or I will swear at you using the most offensive 4-letter-word that I know....... TORX!!!!

Last edited by WmGardner; 06-19-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added more questions
post #5 of 5 Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 AM
panathinaikos55
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bungle View Post
so i installed these halo headlights with white ring on when running or parking light is on and that turns off when the signal is turned on and flashing . it works but the problem is the signal is only working when i have the factory signal bulb in , if i plug a 3/4 inch led light instead , the amber light is solid , if i put the OEM bulb in the amber ring flashes perfectly if i remove the OEM bulb it is solid. it only works when the OEM bulb is in . now i could just not use the amber ring for the signal and everything works fine . and i will just install the the 3/4 inch led for the signal , get rid of the OEM light and call it a day . but i bought this light set up to use the amber signal ring . i have a video of the problem .
my goal is since i have metalcloak fenders and i will be installing them this weekend , and can not use the factory signals " the big rectangular ones" .
i would like to use the amber ring for the signal " but can not without the factory bulbs " . and i would like to also use the 3/4 inch signal / running light too . also does anyone think i need to run a diode between the halo amber signal wire and/or the white running halo to get it work properly ? any help would be great

here is a short video on the problem . if anyone needs more info let me know thank you
https://youtu.be/c7hYmQBPnFU
Did you already replace your flasher relay to work with LEDs?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.