a different hummer intake question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > a different hummer intake question...

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

a different hummer intake question...

so i see many ppl do the hummer cap install and modify their intakes using buick filter boxes and whatnot. my question is, i want to keep my stock intake and modify the vent intake. could i or has anybody used the hummer intake mushroom and had it connected to the intake of the hvac system? its located right under the cowl and seems like it would have some functionality if i raised it up on top of the cowl like the intake system mod. should i do it?

Unread 02-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97whitebeast
so i see many ppl do the hummer cap install and modify their intakes using buick filter boxes and whatnot. my question is, i want to keep my stock intake and modify the vent intake. could i or has anybody used the hummer intake mushroom and had it connected to the intake of the hvac system? its located right under the cowl and seems like it would have some functionality if i raised it up on top of the cowl like the intake system mod. should i do it?
I was thinking about that as well. Underneith the cowl, facing your grill the intake for your vents is all the way to the left. you could block off the horn piece of the stock intake and run another tube from the BACK of the stock box, through the firewall.

That way the air getting into the vent on the top of the cowl goes to supply your vent and your new intake. You could get a air scoop for the cowl to direct more air in there or just run the mushroom part and keep the cowl the way it is.
None is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

no my jeep is a 97 so the vents on top of the cowl are 3 wide and the scoops they make are ugly as all hell. way too big. i want the hummer cap for just the hvac inlet.
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97whitebeast
no my jeep is a 97 so the vents on top of the cowl are 3 wide and the scoops they make are ugly as all hell. way too big. i want the hummer cap for just the hvac inlet.
oh ok. when you go to find the mushroom, post where you get it and how much.
None is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/cleanair/cleanair-1.htm
here's a write-up for a clean-air intake, you could probably route the hose upwards and attach it to a hummer snorkel cap, instead of the K&N as shown.
bigV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #6
yellowismellow
rubber duck sicko!

2006 TJ Wrangler 

things that go BUMP in teh night
Unread 02-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #7
bgulizia

I snagged a hummer cap from this place:

http://www.tnjmurray.com/

$42 bucks + shipping based on where you live.

-bg
bgulizia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.