A diferent kind of Super axle thread..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A diferent kind of Super axle thread.....

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #1
method84

A diferent kind of Super axle thread.....

Hey I was wondering if you guys had any first hand advice on my situation. I will be moving up to 35's this spring. I know the stock dana 30 could handle 35's locked.

This is my daily driver/weekend warrior and Im never going to go over 35's (at least not for now ) and wanted some advice on wether I should upgrade the 27 spline stock axle shafts in the D30 to 27 spline chromolly's and throw in an auto locker like detroit or if I should fork over the extra cash and get an ARB. Would a super 30 be overkill for 35's? Thanks in advance

Joe

method84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #2
UCTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by method84
Hey I was wondering if you guys had any first hand advice on my situation. I will be moving up to 35's this spring. I know the stock dana 30 could handle 35's locked.

This is my daily driver/weekend warrior and Im never going to go over 35's (at least not for now ) and wanted some advice on wether I should upgrade the 27 spline stock axle shafts in the D30 to 27 spline chromolly's and throw in an auto locker like detroit or if I should fork over the extra cash and get an ARB. Would a super 30 be overkill for 35's? Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe,

first let me say this if your gonna kill it overkill it. Having said that though getting a ARB for the front then chromoly shafts if you do that you might as well get the Super 30 front which has the 30 spline shafts. In a perfect world where cash wasnt the biggest stumbling block thats what I would do to my very own D30. But such is not the case, so I have and run 35s BTW in my D30 a Lockrite locker. For now the shafts are stock. I would like to upgrade them to Alloy USA but for the prices I have seen, Ill just keep saving up and either do a Super 30 or what Id like to do and that is get a stronger front axle then go to Clayton long arms.....

Anyway to answer your question, I think a Lockrite, Aussie locker etc up front will do you perfect, and Id just run your stock shafts. HTH.
UCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
method84

im considering just doing the ARB super 30. Its worth having that peace of mind. From a money standpoint I think I will be alright. I have purchased my lift so far, Ive also got the 8.8 thats payed for. I just need to pick it up sometime next week from OK4WD and I can bolt it up while doing the lift. Im still going to need tires/wheels and I plan on running 35" BFG MT's despite what my signature says because Ive heard a lot of bad things about those tires from users. But as luck would have it, I just got 1,400 back from the government that will cover the tires/wheels without a problem. I still need a few odds and end parts like a steering stablizier, adj rear trackbar and I still need to buy the body lift and the SYE. So basically another 800 dollars on odds and end parts and then the super 30/ regear and whatever labor would cost. I would really like to this in march/april and take a solid week off of work and just bang it all out. I geuss ill have to wait and see
method84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.