Did fixing one problem cause another? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Did fixing one problem cause another?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 08-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
tallguytim
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did fixing one problem cause another?

I just replaced the EVAP system in an 02 TJ that I recently acquired. When smoke tested, the entire system looked like a fog machine, so I had to replace everything. Anywho, the check engine light is no longer glaring at me, but now my poor TJ takes a few tries to start up. The starter will turn the engine over, but it rarely fires up on the first try and sometimes takes 5 or 6 turns of the key to get going.

Has anybody had this problem? What might I want to check? I don't know if the EVAP and starting issues are directly related but it would be quite a coincidence for the second problem to appear right after the first one was fixed.

tallguytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cycle the key (without engaging the starter) several times and see if it starts, if so then you have a fuel issue with the check valve in the fuel pump assy in the tank or you may have a leaking injector.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
tallguytim
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that fired it up. Looks like I might have to check/replace that fuel pump. Thanks.
tallguytim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cranking , problem , starter , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.