Deluxe Kit Installed on a LJ...Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Deluxe Kit Installed on a LJ...Pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-31-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
CJM

Deluxe Kit Installed on a LJ...Pics

http://photobucket.com/albums/a392/CJM1/

I have spacers and now just need to figure if I want 285s or 305s.....I am going with Destination MTs.

Pics look a little dark....sorry.

[URL=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/CJM1/Jeep%20Pictures/43377.jpg]Pic of my Rubi.[/URL]
CJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Dozer.
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks GREAT!. Someone suggested that lift to me as well. Looks good. Maybe I should??
Glad to hear someone got it, and I could ask some questions to.

Most of my driving will be beating the blacktop of the PA Turnpike, but I would like to utilize it as well by wheeling.

How do you feel about the overall ride quality, now that you have done the lift?

I am assuming that it is more of a sporty ride (on the road), is this correct?

With cornering..... how would you compare it to before?

Is there anything you would change or done differently, now that you have it done?

Did you have to do anything besides what was in the kit to make everything work smoothly?

How long did it take you to install? And about how long did it take?

Thanks for your time..... I appreciate it.

Good looking lift

Nicholas
Dozer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
Scoobert

Which Deluxe Kit is that?
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
CJM

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/

Well, I actually had someone install it for me so it could be ready this weekend. For time wise I have heard from 6-12 hours for the whole thing.

Ride quality so far......unless the suspension needs some time to get broken in.....it rides similar to stock...can't really say better, but not worse.

I can say this though: I had a 3in Teraflex kit installed on my new '97 TJ. The ride of that teraflex does not even compare to the OME. I know back then the TJ kits were just coming out and needed a couple of years to get perfect. But the OME ride is alot better than that Teraflex ride.

Cornering feels like stock.

The tires should be on today.

BTW, does it look like it leand to the front?

[URL=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/CJM1/Jeep%20Pictures/43377.jpg]Pic of my Rubi.[/URL]
Unread 09-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #5
Dozer.
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice! Sounds like you are pleased

What size wheels/ tires are you putting on there

About how much did you spend to have it installed (if you don't mind)?

Yes, it looks like it leans to the front a bit. I wonder what you can do to to fix that and increase the front so it looks more level?

Either or... nice lift!

Nicholas
Unread 09-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
CJM

$350 from a local 4x4 shop. The guy regeared my older jeep a few years ago too. I don't know if that is steep or not, but I know it is done right.

I am going in about an hour to put some 285/75/16s on my Moabs.

I guess I could put spacers underneath the front springs.....but I will wait to see if somehow the suspension will level out.

Unread 09-01-2005, 10:53 AM   #7
The Diver

On my quicker disconnects, I duct taped on the red zerk covers since they kept falling off. The zerks do not have a ball check valve so if they are greased, the grease can actually back out.

Alan
The Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
Dozer.
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I know this may sound like a rookie quetion (cause I am...lol), but what size (in inches) does that tire equate to?
Is there a conversion chart somewhere??

Are you going with a matching spare? If so, are you changing tire carriers, or keeping the factory one?

Nicholas
Unread 09-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #9
CJM

I went with the 285/75/16s....which are 33.1x11.
Eventually I will get a matching spare, and I will prob just put it on the gate.....the stock spare tire and rim are not that much lighter than a 33 and a rim.

I love the look:

Unread 09-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #10
Difranco

Notice any vibes? Did you have to get a longer drive shaft?
Orange Jeep Club Member #13--Metalhead Jeep Club Member #13--Poseur Jeep Club Member #13
Gun Control: Means never having to say "I missed you!"

FOR SALE: OE Rubicon Shocks / OE Rear Bumper / OE 3rd Brake light / OE Front Trackbar / OE Rear Trackbar -- PM for details and make your best offer.
Difranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
CJM

No vibes, and still the stock drive shaft.

I do need someone to tell me if it takes a while for the OME suspension to settle in. I am feeling more bumpbs and hear more rattles with the lift.
Is there a time period when the suspension settles in and rides better?

Unread 09-01-2005, 06:47 PM   #12
method84

give it a few weeks...youll love the ride compared to stock...ive had the OME shocks on for about 2 months now and after flexing out my suspension on the trail and driving around for a while it had settled...I am happy I went with the OME's all the way....when I have some money laying around someday I will upgrade my springs to the OME's but for now my setup kicks a$$
method84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #13
03jeeper78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difranco
Notice any vibes? Did you have to get a longer drive shaft?
There shouldn't bee too many vibes since the deluxe kit comes with a body lift and more importantly, a motor mount lift.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #14
DietCola

Nice Jeep. I have 33x12.50x15 Destination M/Ts. I am very very happy with them. I got them because BFG MTs and MT/Rs were on back order. I love them, they dig like hell. If you are on a dirt road and slightly and gradually give it ANY gas you will see the tracks behind you. They have been good onroad as well with wearing.
DietCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #15
CJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCola
Nice Jeep. I have 33x12.50x15 Destination M/Ts. I am very very happy with them. I got them because BFG MTs and MT/Rs were on back order. I love them, they dig like hell. If you are on a dirt road and slightly and gradually give it ANY gas you will see the tracks behind you. They have been good onroad as well with wearing.
I will see how they work in sand this weekend.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.