December TJ of The Month Contest!! VOTE NOW!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > December TJ of The Month Contest!! VOTE NOW!!

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

View Poll Results: VOTE FOR TJ OF THE MONTH!
Newracer 49 12.73%
RedLyner 81 21.04%
Jim Shanks 16 4.16%
cmoore 61 15.84%
EugeneTheTJ 24 6.23%
JIA 61 15.84%
Yarmish 14 3.64%
BDDISI 58 15.06%
6THELEMENT 6 1.56%
Curt's_97 15 3.90%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

December TJ of The Month Contest!! VOTE NOW!!

Welcome all to the DECEMBER TJ of The Month contest.

For those that need a recap of the rules: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...ations-890645/

I cant believe the contest has come so far. we're at the last month of the year with only a couple days left before TJ of The Year starts.

Since this this contest is limited, everyone please remember to crawl and get the word out. we have a PHENOMENAL group of Jeeps up for voting this month and i can see its going to be impossible to have just 1 favorite. good luck to everyone that made it into the top 10 - i will see you all on the 12th for TJ of The Year

on a side note, anyone who has won previous TJ of The Months and want different pictures for TJ of The YEAR - please be sure to PM me the new pictures by December 11th.

-Will

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

NEWRACER

Name: Michael Castell
Username: newracer
99 TJ Sport
36" x 13.5" IROKs on 15 x 8 Champion beadlocks
Front Axle- *High Pinion Dana 44,*ARB*Locker,*4:56 gears, Chrome Moly*shafts,**Yukon Super U-joints. 3/4 ton Warn locking hubs, custom heavy duty drag links, tie-rods. Crane diff cover, and custom truss.
Rear Axle-*Super 44 (33 spline Chrome Moly shafts),*ARB Air Locker,*4:56 gears. Blue Torch Fab diff cover
Rear axle is pushed back 5"
4.5" Teraflex LCG with a custom built four link system in the rear.
1" body lift and MORE heavy duty motor mounts with 1" lift
TeraLow 4 to 1.
TerraLow SYE
Terraflex Belly Up skid plate
Warn 9000 winch, Roadless Gear In-cab control and wireless control
Poison Spider Customs*front Stinger, Tube fenders, Rocker Guards and Crush Corners
Nth degree oil pan skid
Wilderness rear bumper, tire rack, CO2 mount, Fuel can mount,*and cargo basket.
SWAG Offroad drop down tailgate conversion
The stock gas tank was replaced with a RCI*fuel cell and a custom 3/8" steel skid plate built around it.
Raingler netting
Tuffy center console and rear seat under drawer
OR Fab sport cage.

REDLYNER

Name: Jay Callaway
Username: REDLYNER
Mods:
Alloy Rubi 44's
ARB Lockers*Front & Rear
Alloy 4.88's
37"x13.5" Pitbull Rockers
RE 3.5" Lift
TNT Front Tube Fenders
XRC Rear Tube Fenders
Poison Spyder Stinger
Poison Spyder Roll Cage
Gen-Right Rear Stinger
TeraFlex Belly Up
Warn M8000 Winch
On Board Air

Story:
Built to crawl the hardest lines on Saturday and navigate the most difficult mall parking lots on Sunday!
I have been*molding this rig for*nearly four years and it has grown into*everything I could have wanted on the trail, yet handles well enough for my wife to drive it*all over town. *
Wheeling is a hobby my wife and I share and we certainly exploit it. We get out to the rocks nearly 25 times per year! We have completed 7 of the top 10 hardest trails in Moab (as rated by Wells), crawled through nearly 50 trails in Colorado, and currently are out to run every major trail in the South East.*
Low center of gravity crawling has been the theme behind all of the mods on this TJ. We are running 3.5"s of lift on 37" Pitbull Rockers with a TeraFlex belly up to finish off the clearance mods. While some don't agree with them, we added 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers for a little more added stability and WOW do they make a difference! The balance of this TJ is amazing for such a short wheelbase and with it just about being where I want it, the future of this build is pretty much left to just dialing everything in.
Pictures:

JIM SHANKS

Name: Jim Shanks
Username: Jim Shanks

1998 Jeep TJ Sport, 4.0L, 5-sp
Dana 44 rear/Dana 30 front
4.56 Dana gears w/ ARB front and Detroit Soft Locker rear
33” BFG KMs on 15x8” Cragar soft 8's with weld on beadlocks
Those Guys Rod and Customs front tube fenders
Poison Spyder Customs rear crusher corners
Poison Spyder Customs rocker knocker guards
TeraFlex steering skid
TeraFlex adjustable front and rear trackbars
Pure Jeep gas tank skid
3.5" Rubicon Express superflex 3.5" short arm kit
Daystar 1” Body lift
Currie Anti-Rock off road swaybar
Big Daddy Offroad front heavy duty tie-rod
Dan Anderson Mfg. front and rear heavy duty bumpers with tire carrier
Rokmen winch plate
Superwinch EPi9.0 winch, 125' steel cable
Edge Auto seat covers front and rear
Bestop replace-a-top sailcloth with tint
Rubicon Express hand throttle

Story:
Originally bought the Jeep in 2000 from a dealer on trade. Drove it for a year or so before finding our local offroad club. *Most of the rig has been purchased second hand from others in the club and I feel that it has turned out pretty well. *I am now president of the club that got me hooked on the hobby. *The Jeep totally impresses me with how it performs out on the trails, I have beat it within an inch of it's life sometimes and it continues to amaze me just how strong these vehicles are. *It has been through Pritchett Canyon at Moab, Evans Creek trails in Washington, as well as some of the trails at Naches, Washington just this past September. *Prior to that I have wheeled it at Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch, Make It Or Break It near Knoxville, Iowa, and our own stomping grounds near Oskaloosa, Iowa. *It is a very addictive hobby and I have enjoyed each and every minute of it.

Here's some recent pictures:

CMOORE

I like TJOTM. I like being able to one click and see 10 interesting
jeeps all at once. Without TJOTM, I would have missed out on seeing
several awesome builds this year. If my entry can help support one of
my favorite threads continue to be interesting, please count me in.

Username: cmoore

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport TJ (stretched to 102")
Drivetrain: 4.0L,NV3550, Stak 3speed(5.44, 3.05, 1), Tom Woods
1350 CV shafts f&r rear
Front axle: Solid HP60 Kingpin: 65" WMS, ARB, 35 spline alloys,
CTM's, drive flanges, 5.38's, PSC double ram hydro steering
Rear axle: Solid HP60: 64" WMS, 35 spline alloys, drive
flanges, discs, ARB, 5.38's
Suspension: Custom Three link front, custom t-bar,Clayton
Double Triangulated rear, Fox 14" coilovers, Fox 4" airbumps Wheels
/ Tires:
39.50x13.50 bias Iroks on 8 lug 17" Walker Evans
Beadlocks
Exterior: 4WD Hardware front bumper (narrowed), Poison Spyder
Tube Fenders, Teraflex steering box skid, Solid front 60 cover / ARB
rear 60 cover, Genright comp stretch kit, Those Guys custom rear tube
flares,4WD Hardware rear bumper w/tire carrier, Skidrow engine skid
(long arm version JP-0008), Clayton belly (painted pink just to bug
Galford), ASD Aluminum Safari top, ASD Aluminum Half Doors
Extras: Warn 8274-50 winch,ARB compressor, Tuffy rear
trunk,Genright Crawler 14.5 gas tank, A/C converted to on board air,
Rockhard cage,Ready Welder OBW,

It has working lights, leds, litedots, rear armor mounted bottle
opener, a wallet hole and a bunch of widgets...

Story: Not your typical JeepForum dream jeep, but she makes me
smile and she takes me where I want to go.

For those that are interested my build thread is here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/01-ton-tj-587158/

Pictures:

pic of the new paint (sorry for the poser garage shot, no one snapped
a single shot of my junk last time out)

Unread 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

EUGENETHETJ

Name: *Chris Creekmuir

Username: *EugeneTheTJ

Mods: *RC 3.25" Suspension Lift; JKS 1.25" BL; Brown Dog 1" Polyurethane MML; 33x12.50R15 BF Goodrich KM2s; 15x8 Cragar Soft 8s with 4" BS; SMittybilt XRC Front Bumper; Warn M8000 winch; 2 pairs of KC Long Range Slimites (one pair on bumper one pair on windshield); Smittybilt Classic Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier; Skid Row Steering Box Skid Plate; CoverKing Seat Covers with Jeep logo; RocKnob Moab Shift Handle; Alpine Head unit with iPod control; Memphis PR1000.1 amplifier; Four Memphis PR 15" SVC subwoofers; custom made herculined sub box; Memphis Coaxial Speakers in sound bar and dash; Midland CB radio; Firestik 3' Antenna; Teraflex ANtenna mount; OEM Replacement flares; painted black headlight bezels; FloPro muffler; Receiver Hitch D Ring; Skyjacker Grab Handles; Bestop Replacement top with Tinted windows.

Future mods include A to Z custom sliders(on the way right now). *Or-Fab front cage with all components. *8.8 swap with Super 88 kit/ARB locker/4.56 R&P. *Aussie locker for the D30/4.56 gears/chromoly shafts. *MetalClock Overline tube fenders. PSC COrners with flare. *Full Skids (gettin Savvy). *Rokmen TT. Much much more.

Story: Ever since I was a kid I have wanted a Jeep. *My great grandfather was Gen. MacArthur's Jeep driver for a while when he was in the Philippines. *One day my dad brought home a CJ from work and I fell in love. *My brother also had a 4 banger TJ as his first vehicle, he now has a LJ. *Seeing as how my family has always been involved with Jeeps, I knew I had to have one. *I bought this TJ in early 2008. Started as a basic TJ Sport with faded flares, small tires, D30/35, 5 spd. *I have done as much to this as I could so far on a college kid's budget. *There will be much more done to my baby as time goes on.

Pictures:

JIA

Name: Jason Carter
Username: JIA

Mods (optional):
Body/Tub: 10 inch tub and frame stretch (same 104 in. wheelbase as an Unlimited but without the additional 5 in of rear overhang behind the wheel wells), modified Poison Spyder LJ cage, Poison Spyder tube fenders, Warn bumpers and winch. Just enough body lift to clear the V8 - the hood touches the engine when closed. Steel diamond plate armor on the rear corners and along the rockers. Square tube rock rails/rocker guars welded to the frame.Interior has Corbeau seats, Autometer gauges, and a Grant steering wheel.

Axles:
Rear: Tera60 with ARB locker and 4.56 Yukon gears. 35-spline Moser axle shafts.
Front: Tera 60 with ARB locker and 4.56 gears. 35-spline chromoly shafts and Warn Premium hubs.

Suspension: Started as a 5.5 inch Rubicon Express long arm kit. Rear end was re-worked by Essentially Offroad. Got rid of the 5-link setup and went to a triangulated 4-link. Front is still Rubicon Express. Old Man Emu shocks at all four corners. Currie Anti-Rock sway up front, stock sway in rear.

Engine: 2001 5.3L V8 (GMC LM7) with dual 40 series Flowmasters. ECM tuned to work without catalytic converters.

Transmission: TH350 with Hurst Quarter Stick shifter

Transfer Case: Flipped Dana 300 (driver side drop) with twin sticks and 4:1 low range. Driveshafts were built by Master Fabricators. 1310 U-joints were used because they're an easy repair on the trail.

Wheels/Tires: ProComp Streetlocks with 37x12.50x16 Swamper SSRs

Story (optional): My wife and I were looking for another Jeep after selling our '50 Willys CJ3A. The old Willys was a daily driver and weekend trail rig. Years of marriage and two kids later we wanted another Jeep but wanted to make sure we had room for the kids. Found this TJ for sale and decided it was the perfect family rig. The 10 inch stretch behind the doors gives the rig the same wheelbase as an Unlimited but all of the extra interior space is in front of the bench seat. This gives back seat passengers more leg room and, since there's 5 fewer inches of body behind the rear tires, the departure angle is better than an equally built Unlimited.

This Jeep now serves as my daily driver but is still capable enough to make most obstacles a point and shoot situation on the trail. My wife loves driving it both on and off road, and the kids are always wanting to hit the trails on the weekend. From cruising at 75 MPH on the highway to creeping along in low range on the trail, it's a true all-purpose family rig.

Pictures:

YARMISH

Name- Chris Keefner
Username- yarmish
1999 jeep TJ
4.0l ax-15 np231
Dana 30 4.10's ARB locker Rock krawler x-factor steering
ford 8.8 4.10's OX locked
Siperfab front tubes Smittybuilt rear corners
Viking softtop
viair 450 c onboard air
M.O.R.E full cage tied to the frame
Ugly motha front bumper
X8000I Warn winch
warn rear bumper/tire carrier
RE Long Arm Upgrade
4" Tera coils + skyjacker hydro's
33" x-terrains on soft 8's
custom tailpipe-hushpower muffler
I am sure there is much more i am forgetting,I have doen 99% of the work in my garage and have been learning alot along the way. I currently wheel this jeep atleast 2-3 times a month. thanks for looking

mods in the next 2 months
4.88's with chromo's
35" mtr's or x-terrains
thanks-chris

Last edited by spyder6; 12-07-2009 at 06:55 PM..
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

BDDISI

Name: *Sammy

User Name: *bddisi

Mods:
hp Dana 30, Eaton E Locker, chromo shafts, Superior tube seals, 488s, custom built truss.
Ford, 8.8 track lock, 488s
Suspension, long arm, front 3 link, rear 4 link with uppers triangulated.
front and rear Currie Antirock
Bilstein shocks, with rear shocks out boarded.
front Rusty's hd adjustable track bar, with custom built track bar frame mount brace.
Rock Krawler steering system.
Custom built front and rear bumper with tire carrier.
Warn gas tank skid.
Poison Spyder sliders..
Rusty's Off Road tc skid plate.
Sye and custom drive shaft.
Suck down winch.
Smittybilt xrc winch with synthetic line.
Hella lights.
Smittybilt tube fenders front and rear.
Interior,
MasterCraft Rubicon seats, with harness.
ORfab sport cage, with floor tie ins.
Midland cb.
Day star air vent rocker switches.
B&M roll control.
Hand throttle.
Wheels and tires.
36x13.50 Iroks on 1079 ProComp Alloys, with extreme rings.
Engine,
Brute Force Intake, with throttle body spacer, header, no cats, glass pack muffler for space savings.
Optima blue top battery.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/no...thread-828965/

Story:
**I realize my jeep no longer looks like this, but It has for the greater part of 2009. *It took several years, a lot of work, to get it to this point. I made a decision to make some changes, here in the latter part of 2009. *I am nervously hoping I can get it back to the state which it was and hopefully even better. *I realize it will take a good while to do so, but this is what true jeepers love. *The challenge of the build, the anxious excitement of the completion of a modification and the trail ride that will test that mod. *I have owned the jeep, from 1998 to present, better than a decade, and have came to enjoy ever facet of the jeep life. *From the trail rides to the weekend work binges, to the car shows to the simplest of things like just having it to look forward to. *I hope everyone gets the same satisfaction while riding or working on their jeep.
Thanks for looking.

Pictures:

6THELEMENT

Name:Josh mott
Username:6THELEMENT
Mods (optional):
Modifications
Performance Parts
• K&N Intake*
• Custom Exhaust*
• Pro Comp Suspension Shocks*
• Custom Springs*
• Custom Brakes*
• Teraflex Transmission*
• Adjustable Front Track Bar
• braded brake lines
• rustys 1 ton steering
• braded brake lines
• plug in jumper cables
Car Audio & Video
• Autotek Sound Processor*
• Boston Acoustics Speakers*
• Kicker Subwoofers*
• Custom Sub Enclosure*
• Avital Security*
• Monster Cable Wiring*
• Boston Acoustics Tweeters*
• Precision Power Amplifier*
• zune and ipod hardwired,htc advantage
• cb radio,gps X 2 (trail and street)
• camcorder
• htc computer
Interior
• Custom Seats*
• Wheelskins Steering Wheel*
• roll cage in the works,dash mods and paint
Exterior Styling
• Custom Wheels*
• Nitto Tires*
• PIAA Lighting*
• tfw bumpers,warn winch ,
• psc rockers
• rock lights
• psc crusher full corners
• jks disco's
• 35/12.50/*18 tires
• rev fenders,3
• beadlocks
• arb lockers f\r
• arb lockers f\r
• power inverter
• hid headlight conversion
Story (optional):saved it from a life of a grocery getter......
Pictures:

CURT'S_97

Just saw this and thought i'd throw my heep in. Been a member since 04 but haven't posted much till just recently. Anyway.
Name: Curtis McNeil
Username: Curt's_97
Mods: Hp44/9", 3 link/4 link, lockrite/detroit, 37" pitbull's on allied beadlocks, boatsides, high hood/fenders, cage, winch, bumpers, etc. and still*road*ready. No trailer queen here.*
Pictures: Posted my build thread a couple days back so there are 2 pages with lots of pics from start to end. Not real sure on what pics you'd want. I've attached one pic so you can take a peek. Also here is that thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tj-build-914152/
Cheers
Curtis

Unread 12-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeeps this month, but my vote was pretty darn easy.
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice line up!
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good line up guys, crawled

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
J-B
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This one is going to be tough!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...ammy-j-935630/
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dang it took me forever to pick this month. I had 3 rigs that i couldn't decide on. But i think i made the right choice.

Happy voting everyone
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDoo View Post
Dang it took me forever to pick this month. I had 3 rigs that i couldn't decide on. But i think i made the right choice.

Happy voting everyone
X2. I just actually had to flip a coin on this one...

Good luck to everyone!
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rigs this month. I voted for JIA-- very nice build with all the fun parts.
98 XJ:4.0, AW4, HP30/8.25 4.56 Spartan/LSD, alloy shafts & joints, HD steer, SYE/CV, skids, RADesigns gated shifter, RE mix n match lift, 35"mt/rs, THOR guards F&R, weld-in custom rockers & stiffeners, custom front bumper, orfab rear bumper, THOR cowl induction, on board air, on board welder, etc
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, ten bad az rigs. Voting will be,
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
Dog Man
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This is the best line up so far, just to hard to pick one over another. BDDISI & REDLYNER very clean jeeps...
JIA & CMOORE great fab work sick rigs... this could take some time to vote on one...
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Honored to be in the running with such good company. Good luck to everyone and CRAWLED.
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Still voting for one of my favorite rigs....REDLYNER

Best of luck to everyone in the poll. This is a great selection of rigs.

Note for anyone questioning about calendars: I'm working with Will (spyder6) and the process is continuing. An example of the illustration can be found at the link below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...fcalendar4.jpg
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.