DECEMBER TJ of the MONTH CONTEST!!! Hendrix IS THE WINNER!!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

DECEMBER TJ of the MONTH CONTEST!!! Hendrix IS THE WINNER!!!

Congrats bud. Read the rules to figure out how to claim your prizes.

John Hendrix/Dumpster Dive TJ

Hendrix

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport TJ (114 inch WB)

4.0 L /AW4/231J/SYE/Novak cable shifter

Axles:

JK D30, BTF diff cover, Synergy sleeves, and C gusset kit
JKD44 with spring under conversion and U bolt eliminators
37/12.50/17 Goodyear MTRK
JK Moab wheels painted gunmetal gray

Modifications:
JJ control arms uppers and lowers
Fox Front COs 2.0
XJ rear Leafs and Fox 2.0 shocks
Derale remote trans cooler with fan
Currie Anti-rock
PSC hydro assist, Extreme steering gear
ROKMEN Hi-Line fenders with custom trimmed hood
ROKMEN rear cross member bumper
ROKMEN tailgate
CJ tailgate that I can swap out at anytime
Mastercraft seats
BTF cage kit with custom seat mounts and mastercraft harnesses
ROKMEN Steering box Skid
Custom Flat High Clearance Skid
Ruffstuff Custom 1 Ton HD steering and track bar 1.5 inch thick wall D.O.M.
ROKMEN Mercenary Rockers with Custom corners
ROKMEN L-TJ front bumper
Warn winch with synthetic cable
Savvy LED taillights

Started as a TJ tub, cut and moved the rear of the tub forward to close out the cab, built a custom hard top, built a custom bed and stretched the frame to fit it all on a 114 inch WB. I built this Jeep not as a Hardcore wheeler, but as a Daily Driver street queen with some mild wheeling in mind. I hope to hit some trails in 2014.
Plans in the works: Finish the stereo system, install the heated seats, JW speaker headlights, Lots of LED lights, Ten factory axle shafts, 5:13 gears, ARB lockers, Build a Custom cage inside the cab and in the bed then just enjoy. NOT FOR SALE

Here it is guys and gals. I spent the last 2 years building a vision of a Jeep from nothing more than a pile of scrap parts. I tried to stay close to the original vision as possible it was tough and easy at the same time. The budget restraints kept me from deviating from the plan to far. This is my third Jeep build I believe I have 2 more left I want to build.

Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...-dive-1300759/

Founder, Offroad NC
Follow our journey:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 08:39 AM
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome work! Congratulations Hendrix.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport -

2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer -

"Civilization is what old men manage to salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists. -- Don Colacho

post #3 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 08:43 AM
tsstoudt
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations Hendrix, TJ of the month was well deserved.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #4 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats.......now in order to get my vote for the TJ of the year, go get some dirt under it's wheels.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #5 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Imped
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice race bud, congrats.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #6 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure I'd want to win TJOTY...they seem to have the order of the prizes mixed up....

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #7 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 09:43 AM
yelset
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet jeep!

'99 TJ Sport with some mods
post #8 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 09:44 AM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats Hendrix!!

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #9 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Way to go, John. Congratulations. Good luck in TJOTY.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats Hendrix! Well deserved!

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #11 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the votes and participation in the Best Contest on JF. Looking forward to seeing all of you TJ owners in the inbox in 2014. Make sure to enter each and every month, you guys know I Can't enter again till next December. Good luck to all in TJOTY.

Got to give a shout out to EugenetheTJ for doing this every month.

Hang in there Unlimited04 you will get it eventually.

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #12 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Hang in there Unlimited04 you will get it eventually.
I'm happy with 3rd place too

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #13 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 12:30 PM
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Congratulations on your win Hendrix. You've got my vote for TJ of the year!

post #14 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 01:01 PM
cjlinn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the win Hendrix.
post #15 of 15 Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ultimate lawn krawler yeah, Johnny congrats, you did a hell of a job on your Jeep. To celebrate I went out to the desert mall and had me a grand ole time

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.