Dead Gauges FIXED!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dead Gauges FIXED!!!

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #1
timmyjx209

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dead Gauges FIXED!!!

So I was looking for a fix for my gauges for a while now and I came across this link http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/io...ation-1432104/ on forum here that was a great help. This write up as well as my own trouble shooting I found the issue. I found the IOD fuse and it had power so I performed a continuity test from the load side of the fuse socket to the pink and white wire of the cluster harness 20140703_091236.jpg.

When i did the test there was no continuity so an obvious break in the line.20140703_090812.jpg, 20140703_090759.jpg.
So I had to take apart the fuse box under the hood to expose the wires that are connected to the fuse sockets and exposed the break in the line. I soldered the line back together with another piece of wire and heat shrunk the connections and wouldn't you know my gauges WORK!!!!

The fix was pretty easy and after I read that the pink and white wire was the main signal wire for the cluster. it just took a long time to figure that out. I'm pretty happy that I now have gauges and they all work so now I don't have to guess how fast I'm going, or how much fuel I have lol.. if anyone needs any further explanation on this fix feel free to ask. I'm defiantly willing to help because I know how frustrating it is trying to figure this problem out.

Unread Yesterday, 02:47 PM   #2
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nicely done.
Unread Today, 09:43 AM   #3
timmyjx209

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you sir I figure if I can at least help one person with this issue I'll be happy.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.