Dead battery, no idle, now high idle. HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dead battery, no idle, now high idle. HELP!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
gudoldboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dead battery, no idle, now high idle. HELP!

Went to start the TJ today and it had a totally dead battery. No lights, radio, nothing. Jump started and the only way it would start is if I gave it gas while cranking. It wouldnt hold any idle. I had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running. I let it die and when I restarted it the idle jumped to 2750!!! Tapping the gas doesnt drop it. I shut it down and restarted it. Same thing. Now it holds the idle at 2500-2750.. What in the heck is goin on
Any ideas fellas???

[QUOTE=Keelentime;5197679]just ordered my new bikini and bra....

Thank god this is a jeep forum, or that would have sounded a bit fruity :rofl:[/QUOTE]
gudoldboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.