DD running 33x12.50s? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > DD running 33x12.50s?

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

DD running 33x12.50s?

I currently have a stock Sahara edition with a D44 rear and it is my DD which includes a couple hour drives two days a week then around town....question...

What kind of a lift would you guys recommend for someone who wants to run 33's and uses his jeep for light trail rides and as a DD with some highway travel weekly?

The reason I am asking is b/c I test drove one with some sort of a BB and 33s and I was afraid to take the speed-O over 65mph and the speed limit is 70 which I drive comfortable up to 80 in my stock Jeep with no worries. I already know the gas mileage is gonna suck b/c well.. it does now (14-15 5-speed) but my main concern is safety. Currently I have my eye on a RC 2.5in w/ 1 in mml/bl, what do you guys think?

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

33's will be fine with 3.5 inches of lift. justy make sure youre bumpstopped correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
jlax2485
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I run a 3in rusty's lift with 33x2.50's. I can run well up to 80 mph comfortably on the road and still get around on the trails.
jlax2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
dd187
2002 TJ Wrangler 

the size of the tire does not matter as much as the tire and how "aggressive" it is.

I run 4" of susp lift..... had 33" Cepek Mud tires and they were very loud....constant buzzing. I now run 35" BFG KM2 on my DD and i cant hear a thing....

Yes the km2 are not as aggressive off road as the cepeks but since i offroad only 5% of the time i drive it...its a done deal for me.
dd187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
MAMMOTH
Wooly Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running a 3" BDS suspension lift and 33" ProComp Xterrains and my wife can still fall asleep on the interstate going 75.
2007 JK Unlimited - The wife's ride.
MAMMOTH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
DezertTJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i have a 4" pro comp supension lift with 33x12.50 bfg a/t's and its fine, i've gone to speeds of 95 and no shaking or anything. yes i do have fox racing shocks on it but its smooth

Quote:
Iím very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
DezertTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice guys, I am currently looking at the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs since like I said earlier over the next yr until I graduate it will be 90% on-road and I heard these tires which look aggressive also are good in rain/snow.
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I run M/T Baja Claws and although they are loud they ride very smooth when balanced correctly. I'm running a 2.5" RC lift with no body lift.
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
snowcrash

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had 33"s and a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift and ran it for years on two different Jeeps (on my previous 1998 TJ for a few years before I sold it and my current 2006 TJ which had that setup for a year or so). The 2006 was used as a daily driver by my girlfriend who drove 40 miles to and from work each day for about 6 months before we changed everything, but she loved that setup. Though she loves the long arm better and wants me to hurry up and get bigger axles so we can do 37s or 38s but that's a different thread lol. It's also my only ride and I use it as a daily driver as well. She just did a lot of commuting with it back then.

Back then I had Mickey Thompson MTZ tires and RE shocks for a while then swapped them out for Fox Shox. The MTZs were awesome on the road btw. Great wear, lasted forever, awesome on pavement and in snow, rain, mud, trails, etc. It was an overall great tire and would highly recommend them.

2006 Silver TJ Sport D44/D30 4.88s:
RE Extreme Duty 5.5" w/Fox Shox 2.0, Currie HD Steering Kit, JKS 1.25" BL, 35" MTR/Kevlar, BlackRock 909 rims, ARB Snorkel,ARB F&R lockers, Vanco Brakes, Mastercraft Rubicon Dirt Sport Seats, RE Steering Stabilizer. AtoZ rockers with step, Gen-Right Full corner guards, AtoZ tire carrier, Bushwacker Fenders, Cobra 75WXST with Red Firestick II, Riddler Diff covers front/rear, DieHard Platinum, PSC Stinger, Banks Power Monster Exhaust, RockHard Cage, XRC8 Comp Winch, Savvy Gas Tank Skid and Tail Lights
snowcrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I can't do loud... I drive a couple hrs a week each way and then I would be suicidal after an 8hr vacation trip...
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
snowcrash

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshrrt View Post
I can't do loud... I drive a couple hrs a week each way and then I would be suicidal after an 8hr vacation trip...
Hope you have a hard top. Once the soft top starts getting a little older tires hum will be the last thing you worry about hahaha. Not to mention if you ever upgrade the exhaust. You'll see it starts to get addictive. Like people who say "i'll only get one tattoo" next thing you know they have full sleeves. Jeeps are the same way "I'm only going to run 33" road tires and a small lift". Next thing you move to Florida just so you can register and insure your crazy Jeep running on 54" tires with a full cage, no top, trail jeep, daily driver and drive it legally in your current state.

2006 Silver TJ Sport D44/D30 4.88s:
RE Extreme Duty 5.5" w/Fox Shox 2.0, Currie HD Steering Kit, JKS 1.25" BL, 35" MTR/Kevlar, BlackRock 909 rims, ARB Snorkel,ARB F&R lockers, Vanco Brakes, Mastercraft Rubicon Dirt Sport Seats, RE Steering Stabilizer. AtoZ rockers with step, Gen-Right Full corner guards, AtoZ tire carrier, Bushwacker Fenders, Cobra 75WXST with Red Firestick II, Riddler Diff covers front/rear, DieHard Platinum, PSC Stinger, Banks Power Monster Exhaust, RockHard Cage, XRC8 Comp Winch, Savvy Gas Tank Skid and Tail Lights
snowcrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
Ethan79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i just got my 33x12.5 duratracs mounted today.. i like them alot, smoother ride then the BFG m/t's and they look really aggressive for an all terrain. order them online at discount tire.com got mine to my door for $692. and 33's are fine on a DD...
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Soft top here, have had it about two years now so Im used to not being able to have a conversation on the interstate until you get to your destination (which is actually kind of nice haha). Also I have a Borla Exhaust which sounds awesome! As for Florida I can't deal with the bugs and humidity especially after my vacation to Hawaii which has neither, thats my next move. Just not looking forward to the shipping cost of my vehicle.
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan79 View Post
i just got my 33x12.5 duratracs mounted today.. i like them alot, smoother ride then the BFG m/t's and they look really aggressive for an all terrain. order them online at discount tire.com got mine to my door for $692. and 33's are fine on a DD...
Those are SWEET!
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
bravobravo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
i have a 4" pro comp supension lift with 33x12.50 bfg a/t's and its fine, i've gone to speeds of 95 and no shaking or anything. yes i do have fox racing shocks on it but its smooth
wait you took a jeep 95 mph that seems a little crazy

removed for stirring the pot
bravobravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
33s , daily driver , daily driving , dd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.