Hope you all are doing well.
I'm trying to decide on a lift for my '04 LJ. It is my DD and will rarely ever see much more than dirt roads and Iowa hills
, sadly. As a preface to my questions, I want to say:
- I have researched thoroughly
- I will be using 4.88 gears and 35 inch tires
- I realize that that my 42RLE auto trans and that combination will not work in a perfect harmonious balance with one another - and I am okay with that
- This Jeep will be built for looks first and offroad capability second
- I am not loaded, and some of the products I choose will reflect that
I have currently purchased 4.88 gears, 35x12.50R15 Goodyear MTR/Ks mounted on American Racing AR 61 Outlaws 15x8s, and Currie Currectlync steering setup. As of right now, I have not decided on a lift due to fund restrictions, but am actively trying to determine what I want. Obviously, I would like to drop $2,500 on a full Currie or Metalcloak system, but I do not feel that my needs warrant such a purchase. Perhaps a bit of mouth being bigger than stomach - the mouth being my wants and needs and the stomach representing my pocketbook. I would like to retain some sense of decency regarding ride quality.
My question: Would the Zone 4.25 inch combo+8x Metalcloak Duroflex arms+IRO Front Track Bar+Rear track bar drop bracket completely cover my needs?
- Not enough room for the 35s?
- Zone shocks and their ride quality?
- I don't want to pay for an SYE/CV driveshaft at this point in time and I think my LJ can handle 3 inches of suspension lift
- Brake line extensions?
- Maybe I should just drop the coin on the full Metalcloak ARB lift...those dual rate coils sure seem fancy
I'm sure I'm forgetting some obvious things, but that's what you guys are for. I can expect to use about 3 inches of bumpstop, I THINK
. Big brakes and axle shafts are currently out of my budget, sorry fellas, I know I'm now a road hazard.
Please fill me in on what I'm forgetting. If you're feeling confident in your abilities, I am fairly fond of lists. I expect to see plenty of comments regarding my inability to properly build a Jeep for the Wild West, and my apparent disregard for other patrons of the road. Thanks!