Daughter's Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Daughter's Build Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #91
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
dla, Yes she is happy with it.. We drove it to town today and took it to the car wash to get the blue stuff off the tires. She wants to try and sell her old wheels and tires to purchase a new front bumper that is winch capable with D-rings... We still need to paint her hard top some weekend when time permits..
Hey BrowningGal Iíve been talking to Justin at Rock Solid Fab in Van Buren about one of his front bumper with a small trail hoop. He wants $250 for his TJ stubby front bumper w/fairlead and d-ring mounts like this one. He said $350 for one with the DOM radiator installed. If Santa is good to me Iím going to talk to him about buliding me a bumper like the Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper with the small trail hoop.

stubby-tj-bumper.jpg   tj-bumper.jpg  
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #92
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Couple of new additions for BrowningGal's ride...

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #93
LRod
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know what it's like where you live, but I wouldn't want my daughters name on the front plate? Too many freaks out on the streets these days.
LRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #94
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRod View Post
I don't know what it's like where you live, but I wouldn't want my daughters name on the front plate? Too many freaks out on the streets these days.
That is why I don't live in California... Haha That is pretty much the norm around here for girls and boys, she has had it on all of her vehicles.. Pretty small town place.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #95
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You could get more info on the back plate than that one... its not a big deal to have a first name on it.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #96
LRod
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't mean to paint S. Cal. with the same brush, just be safe wherever you go.
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #97
BrowningGal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150

Hey BrowningGal I’ve been talking to Justin at Rock Solid Fab in Van Buren about one of his front bumper with a small trail hoop. He wants $250 for his TJ stubby front bumper w/fairlead and d-ring mounts like this one. He said $350 for one with the DOM radiator installed. If Santa is good to me I’m going to talk to him about buliding me a bumper like the Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper with the small trail hoop.
Okay thanks I'll go check him out!
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #98
MFERNICO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think there are more on this forum
MFERNICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #99
LRod
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ha! yeah maybe, for every million people there's one lunatic that will hone in on some of the simplest things, a hair color, height, etc. Let's get back to Jeep stuff
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #100
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGeneral View Post
Did you straighten out the steering wheel?

In all seriousness the alignment is probably off a hair.
Well I finally got back to the alignment and rechecked all the tire pressure. The alignment was off, corrected that and it drives like a dream now, straight down the road...

I did try to straighten the steering but went a little to far, now it is off the other way... I will fix that on Monday...

I can't keep this thing off the highway long enough to work on the darn thing..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #101
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Only thing missing from this is the father and daughter jeep pictures together.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #102
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Only thing missing from this is the father and daughter jeep pictures together.
Yeah we are going to have to get together and take some of the two jeeps again.. Both have had some changes since the last time we did that..

Noticed your signature line about the 3.73 gears, 8.8 and HP30.. How is that coming for you?? I am also doing the same thing in my YJ except not the HP part.. I am going to use my stock D-30, regear to 3.73. I am going to stick with 33" tires so I think that will be enough gears for me.. What tires are you going to run with the setup??
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #103
MakeyourlucK
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Yeah we are going to have to get together and take some of the two jeeps again.. Both have had some changes since the last time we did that..

Noticed your signature line about the 3.73 gears, 8.8 and HP30.. How is that coming for you?? I am also doing the same thing in my YJ except not the HP part.. I am going to use my stock D-30, regear to 3.73. I am going to stick with 33" tires so I think that will be enough gears for me.. What tires are you going to run with the setup??
If your going through all the hassle and expense of re gearing I wouldn't suggest anything under 4.11 or ideally 4.56 for 33's. I wish I went with 4.88s on my lj
MakeyourlucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #104
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well for the last two days my wife and daughter have been on the road in the TJ, about 3 hrs each way for a small trip while she is out on Christmas break.. They came home today and my wife and I went out to eat in the YJ. On the way to the restaurant I asked how daughters jeep drove and road and she said really good.. Then a few minutes later she said, actually I would a lot rather ride in the YJ (4" Rough Country Lift) than in the TJ.. She said "this YJ sure rides a lot better".. I told her "because it is better" ..

I am going to tell the same story on the YJ forum also... No Offense!!
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #105
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Working on painting (rattle can) her top this weekend.. We bought some Rustoleum Hammered Black paint to do her top.. But in the mean time we used a couple cans on her flares and my rock sliders but I thought we still had a few cans of the stuff.. I paint everything with it.. After we got started on this thing we only had about 1 1/2 can's, and we are going to have to get more tomorrow to get a good second coat on this thing..

Only took one pic, I get busy and forget to take them.. BrowningGal took this one..

I will try to get some more tomorrow and after we are finished..
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.