Daughter's Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Daughter's Build Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #76
TheDirtyGeneral

Wait a few days for things to settle before you measure. Probably will get close to 2.25" after it all settles in.

Unread 12-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #77
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Done... Lift is on and it drives and rides great.. Didn't know a jeep could ride and drive that good.. I am thoroughly impressed with the BDS lift and shocks..

Everything went extremely smooth except the track bar relocation bracket, it was a little bit of a pain due to having to drill the holes and fighting the room for the drill to get in there. But the worst part was getting the washers and nuts on the bolts inside the old trackbar mount area. Front and Rear springs basically fell out and in, no problems at all there.

Pics to come later, it is late and we are tired... Again, great improvement on handling and feel in corners etc. Hit the highway and got up to about 80mph and drove same as doing 30.

Didn't do any measurements tonight, will get some later and realize that it will settle a little so will check again after a few 100 miles.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #78
TheDirtyGeneral

Goodjob, now pics or it didnt happen!
Unread 12-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #79
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Done... Lift is on and it drives and rides great.. Didn't know a jeep could ride and drive that good.. I am thoroughly impressed with the BDS lift and shocks..

Everything went extremely smooth except the track bar relocation bracket, it was a little bit of a pain due to having to drill the holes and fighting the room for the drill to get in there. But the worst part was getting the washers and nuts on the bolts inside the old trackbar mount area. Front and Rear springs basically fell out and in, no problems at all there.

Pics to come later, it is late and we are tired... Again, great improvement on handling and feel in corners etc. Hit the highway and got up to about 80mph and drove same as doing 30.

Didn't do any measurements tonight, will get some later and realize that it will settle a little so will check again after a few 100 miles.
Glad it went smooth for yall. Well after installing lift kits on them both which do you think is easier to lift a YJ or TJ?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #80
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Glad it went smooth for yall. Well after installing lift kits on them both which do you think is easier to lift a YJ or TJ?
I truly think the TJ is the easiest, at least the type lift I did. now if you get into the long arm lifts and maybe going higher than 2" it might be different. But in our case, her lift was easier than mine...

I hate to admit this but after driving hers now, I am sort of keeping an eye out for a TJ for myself. Not that I am crossing over or anything...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #81
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok here are the pics in the daylight after we cleaned it up a little bit this morning.

Having one small issue, it seems to want to pull to the left just a little when driving. I did an alignment but I think I need to check it one more time. how much toe-in should I be looking for. I was going for 1/8"... Would anyone suggest a little more or less.. I don't see how that could make it pull left but something is a little.

Other than that it is great, the 3.73 gears seem perfect with these tires. Not a speed demon but you could pass someone if you wanted to.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #82
dla
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great Hank!

I bet you daughter is really happy right about now... Mine just got home from school on Friday and the first thing she did was go to the garage and check on her Jeep! She just might miss it more than me while she's away.

Have a great Christmas!
dla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #83
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great BrowningGal. How do you like it? 2" lift is a great starting point you should check out Jeff Jeep on here he has a super nice Jeep with Just a 2" lift. Here is a link to his build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...bicon-1133590/
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #84
BrowningGal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I love the lift! It's great and my jeep runs so much better! My other Jeep friends are already jealous and are begging to drive it thanks everyone for your help and I'm very very satisfied!! Thanks especially to HanksRide and erobinson923 for putting it on!! Thanks for everything dad!!!!!(:
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #85
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great!! Sits perfect on 31s....making me second guess myself again!

Here's an alignment thread that may help

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/en...g-read-663777/
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #86
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also I see no transfer case drop.....no vibes?? I may want to go the same route if so!
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #87
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB View Post
Also I see no transfer case drop.....no vibes?? I may want to go the same route if so!
I drove it about 10 miles today and noticed just a little bit of vibe at 40 mph or so.. Almost not enough to worry about.. I think if it still persist after a week or so of driving and settling I am going to put a couple washers in for TC drop.. How much is recommended or how much would you start with? I assume I can use just regular fender washers that fit the bolts??

It has a very slight pull to the left, I am going to check tire pressure and maybe swap sides with the front tires and see what that does for it.

Other than those two issues it is great.. The ride is 10 fold better than the stock we had on it. We live on a back road that is chip and seal paved, it has a few good bumps in it that are great test for ride quality. It felt like riding in a car across them compared to before...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #88
TheDirtyGeneral

Did you straighten out the steering wheel?

In all seriousness the alignment is probably off a hair.
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #89
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGeneral View Post
Did you straighten out the steering wheel?

In all seriousness the alignment is probably off a hair.
Yeah I straightened the wheel but need to move it a bit more. It is pointing slightly to the right now, or I hold it a little to the right to counter the pulling left.. Not sure... It is close though..

My alignment method I used... I clamped a 4ft level to the bottom of one rotor and a 4ft straightedge to the bottom of the other rotor, measured front and back about 12inches from rotor and adjusted to 1/8" toe-in..

I normally use a 2X4 with a nail through it and mark the tires, this is the first time I used the straight edge method.. I think I am going back to marking tires and try that to see what I have..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #90
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Looks great Hank!

I bet you daughter is really happy right about now... Mine just got home from school on Friday and the first thing she did was go to the garage and check on her Jeep! She just might miss it more than me while she's away.

Have a great Christmas!
dla, Yes she is happy with it.. We drove it to town today and took it to the car wash to get the blue stuff off the tires. She wants to try and sell her old wheels and tires to purchase a new front bumper that is winch capable with D-rings... We still need to paint her hard top some weekend when time permits..
My-95-YJ Build Thread

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.