Daughter's Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Daughter's Build Thread

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 12-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #46
TheDirtyGeneral

Some pictures of my OME bracket. I remember having to use a pipe wrench on the big TORX bolt because it kept slipping out and I didn't want to strip it

Unread 12-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #47
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_niko View Post
I have 3.07s on 31s and an automatic. I have no issues at all. It's a jeep. not a sports car. I just got from a 600 mile trip to Toronto and got 17.3 MpG and averaged 65 MpH.
Now that is what I like to hear, I knew there would be at least one positive soul out here somewhere.

Thanks,,,
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #48
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
thats pretty
Nope, That's REAL pretty!!
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #49
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I guess I was questioning delivery a little to soon from OK4wd.. I was gone today when daughter got home from college and the lift was here. She text me immediately saying " Yeah, lift is here".. Not sure yet when we are going to tackle it, probably around Chirstmas week or weekend. Waiting on Track Bar relocating bracket now to come in.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #50
BrowningGal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well my baby had her first major breakdown on Sunday. I parked her in the shop to keep her warm because the garage was full and I didn't want to have to park outside in the cold. HanksRide aka Dad wanted to work on his YJ so I went up to back my TJ out and she wouldn't start. She wouldn't even turn over. HanksRide came up and just by the noise knew that it was the battery. After a little bit of research we came to the Sears DieHard Platinum 4 battery. We were caught between the Yellow Top Optima and the DieHard. We had already been to town once that day for some Christmas shopping and now we were back again. I have dedicated a certain account to the Jeep fund and because this was my TJ, I wanted to buy the battery on my own. When we got to Sears, we found the desired battery with ease and after talking to the Sale's Associate, we were informed on the testing that was done to this type of battery. It's been frozen, split in two, and shot; and the only problem is that it will not run when it is upside down. After realizing that I probably would need an ambulance rather than a battery if I were upside down, I disregarded that bit of information, and purchased the battery. 4 year replacement warranty and an 8 year prorated warranty. The total came to about $220.00. A little pricey but a good battery. We got it home and put it in and now my baby runs like a champ!
BrowningGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #51
TheDirtyGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningGal View Post
Well my baby had her first major breakdown on Sunday. I parked her in the shop to keep her warm because the garage was full and I didn't want to have to park outside in the cold. HanksRide aka Dad wanted to work on his YJ so I went up to back my TJ out and she wouldn't start. She wouldn't even turn over. HanksRide came up and just by the noise knew that it was the battery. After a little bit of research we came to the Sears DieHard Platinum 4 battery. We were caught between the Yellow Top Optima and the DieHard. We had already been to town once that day for some Christmas shopping and now we were back again. I have dedicated a certain account to the Jeep fund and because this was my TJ, I wanted to buy the battery on my own. When we got to Sears, we found the desired battery with ease and after talking to the Sale's Associate, we were informed on the testing that was done to this type of battery. It's been frozen, split in two, and shot; and the only problem is that it will not run when it is upside down. After realizing that I probably would need an ambulance rather than a battery if I were upside down, I disregarded that bit of information, and purchased the battery. 4 year replacement warranty and an 8 year prorated warranty. The total came to about $220.00. A little pricey but a good battery. We got it home and put it in and now my baby runs like a champ!

LOL a dead battery is NOT a breakdown

Glad you got it sorted out real quick though
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #52
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When are you installing the lift kit?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #53
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like we are underway... We removed the fender flares to paint them and are also going to paint the top as well.
Plan on installing lift and tires this weekend and have all the painting done then too. Maybe!!

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #54
TheDirtyGeneral

There is way too much space in that garage. I really need a bigger garage
Unread 12-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #55
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Clean the dirt and crap off that hides behind the fenders. I usually do this once yearly when I wax the Jeep. Prevents the dirt from scratching the paint up too much.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #56
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, $220.00 for a battery? Why so much? I paid $120.00 per battery for the biggest battery out there, a tractor battery for my cabover diesel truck. I thought that was bad.

I would of thought $90.00 max for your battery. Do you plan to install a duel battery setup or a winch?

PS: Even if you were upside down your Lead Acid battery would not drain out for a long while.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #57
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGeneral View Post
There is way too much space in that garage. I really need a bigger garage
That is not my garage, that is my shop.. It is a 30 X 30 and doubles and a woodworking / hobby shop along with working on vehicles, tractors 4-wheelers etc..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #58
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Clean the dirt and crap off that hides behind the fenders. I usually do this once yearly when I wax the Jeep. Prevents the dirt from scratching the paint up too much.
Yeah I told her to take that thing by a car wash between now and the weekend and knock as much dirt and mud off as possible before we do the lift this weekend. Maybe we won't have as much in our face..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #59
HanksRide
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
Wow, $220.00 for a battery? Why so much? I paid $120.00 per battery for the biggest battery out there, a tractor battery for my cabover diesel truck. I thought that was bad.

I would of thought $90.00 max for your battery. Do you plan to install a duel battery setup or a winch?

PS: Even if you were upside down your Lead Acid battery would not drain out for a long while.
Yes that is more than I have ever paid for a battery also. Below is the specs on it, and yes she does have plans for a winch and lights etc in the future. So we discussed all the options and we both liked the warranty on this battery. Figured that would for sure get her through college without battery issues and have the strength for the future upgrades..

Product Description
The P-4 Platinum Automotive Battery from DieHard features 135 minutes of reserve capacity and 880 cold cranking amps. Its corrosion-resistant high quality tin-coated brass terminals provide reliable starting power in all weather conditions. Its rugged, military-grade construction features robust casing for increased compression and offers superior vibration resistance, making it ideal for off-road applications.
Longer off-season storage time -show cars & classic cars
Ideal for luxury vehicles with multiple electronic accessories
Plates made of 99.99% pure virgin lead
High purity grade acid held safely in place by glass mats; non-spillable design
Absorbed Glass Mat construction provides mounting flexibility & guarantees longer service life
4-Year Free Replacement; 100-Month Prorated Limited Warranty
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #60
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Yeah I told her to take that thing by a car wash between now and the weekend and knock as much dirt and mud off as possible before we do the lift this weekend. Maybe we won't have as much in our face..
When I installed my 1.25"BL on my TJ I was glad I washed it good. But still got dirt in my face. Have you every heard of Rock Solid Fab in van buren? *Here a link of his on the ark crawler page he post a lot of picture showing his work in it.*http://www.arkansascrawlers.com/main...ad.php?t=10275

P.S did it have 3.07 or 3.73 gears?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.