Daughter's Build Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Daughter's Build Thread

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #151
BrowningGal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you everyone for helping us out with our Cam Bolts. I think they really helped alot to tighten the steering and weighing down the front. Sorry I have not been very up to date with everyone. College has started back up and I am spending most of my time swamped with it. I appreciate all the help and assistance with my jeep.
I normally do not go mudding in my jeep. I'm not very experienced with them and I get a little nervous due to a previous car accident a few years ago. But after dad said that I better not come home with it clean, my boyfriend and friends began to grin from ear to ear. As you can clearly see, we had a little too much fun with it.
My boyfriend also brought his XJ out there, but it got no where near as muddy as Scooter (my jeep) did. Altogether, we had A CJ-7, my TJ, my boyfriend's XJ, my buddy's Tahoe, and a guy in his little 2WD s-10 pickup that we had met while we were out there.
It was a complete blast, until it got to the cleanup. I believe my boyfriend and I were at the carwash for about 2 hours. It was a soak, lather, rinse, repeat kind of situation, about 20 times. When we got home, after feeling confident that we had gotten it clean, our stomachs balled up as HanksRide noticed mudd seaping out through every crevace and corner. I was a tad bummed, but what kind of jeep is a clean one??? Am I right?
Anyways, just wanted to drop a line in now that I have the chance. Once again, thank you to everyone who has helped my father and I get my baby up to par. I really appreciate it. I will try and stay more up to date as my college life becomes more relaxed and fluid. Cheers!

Unread 01-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #152
BrowningGal
2004 TJ Wrangler 

In regards to MidnightF150's question, sadly no. I will not be able to attend it.
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #153
poobub
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningGal View Post
Thank you everyone for helping us out with our Cam Bolts. I think they really helped alot to tighten the steering and weighing down the front.
No problem, glad to hear the cam bolts helped out!!

I recieved my bolts in the mail today (thanks for the quick return shipping!), but its 30 degrees and sleeting out right now so I'm not to excited about going out and putting them in haha.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #154
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poobub View Post
No problem, glad to hear the cam bolts helped out!!

I recieved my bolts in the mail today (thanks for the quick return shipping!), but its 30 degrees and sleeting out right now so I'm not to excited about going out and putting them in haha.
Glad you got them, I hope it helps yours out as well... Let me know the outcome..
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #155
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

wish yall could have made it. We had a blast at the event last saturday.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #156
STIFLER
2005 LJ Wrangler 

^ that is a red solo cup video if I ever saw one
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #157
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

it's just low riding monster trucks, nothing that impresses me. I rather see some real wheeling....this ain't it.
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #158
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hows the Jeep doing?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #159
Peyts
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Glad you got them, I hope it helps yours out as well... Let me know the outcome..
HanksRide & BrowningGirl... love the look of your Jeep, esp the pics of it full of mud!

I'm a total Newbie... I'm wanting to put in a 2" lift, but have been struggling with making the decision between coil spacers & shocks vs the BDS 2" kit.

I've read all the posts in this thread, and was happy to hear that the BDS kit gave the Jeep a great ride. However - not knowing much about mechanics - I was in over my head when y'all started talking about the several little steps and problems.

I'm having someone install mine... so I shouldn't really need to worry too much. However - and here is the point of my thread - can you tell me everything I need to order when purchasing this lift kit? (ie. cam bolt kits? steering stablizer? an OME bracket of some kind? etc??)

I'm running an 05 TJ, so should be fairly close to the setup of BrowningGirl's.

Thanks for your time... really appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing back so I can get my Jeep to stop looking soccer mom-ish.

Cheers!
Peyts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #160
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyts

HanksRide & BrowningGirl... love the look of your Jeep, esp the pics of it full of mud!

I'm a total Newbie... I'm wanting to put in a 2" lift, but have been struggling with making the decision between coil spacers & shocks vs the BDS 2" kit.

I've read all the posts in this thread, and was happy to hear that the BDS kit gave the Jeep a great ride. However - not knowing much about mechanics - I was in over my head when y'all started talking about the several little steps and problems.

I'm having someone install mine... so I shouldn't really need to worry too much. However - and here is the point of my thread - can you tell me everything I need to order when purchasing this lift kit? (ie. cam bolt kits? steering stablizer? an OME bracket of some kind? etc??)

I'm running an 05 TJ, so should be fairly close to the setup of BrowningGirl's.

Thanks for your time... really appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing back so I can get my Jeep to stop looking soccer mom-ish.

Cheers!
Thanks for all the good comments. If I remember correctly you will need the lift of choice such as the BDS that comes with the coil springs. You will need shocks of choice, I recommend a descent set like the Bilstiens or even the BDS brand matched to your lift. Talk to the vendor on the phone when ordering and they can help match them up. You will want the adjustable cam bolts if yours does not have it and the rear track bar relocation bracket.

That should be about it. If you have the tools and place to do it you can install it yourself. As you can tell from the thread, I knew nothing about it and it was really quite simple to do. Plenty of help out here for when you get stuck.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #161
Peyts
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide

Thanks for all the good comments. If I remember correctly you will need the lift of choice such as the BDS that comes with the coil springs. You will need shocks of choice, I recommend a descent set like the Bilstiens or even the BDS brand matched to your lift. Talk to the vendor on the phone when ordering and they can help match them up. You will want the adjustable cam bolts if yours does not have it and the rear track bar relocation bracket.

That should be about it. If you have the tools and place to do it you can install it yourself. As you can tell from the thread, I knew nothing about it and it was really quite simple to do. Plenty of help out here for when you get stuck.

Good luck!

You mind if I send you a PM... ask a couple more questions?
Peyts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #162
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyts

You mind if I send you a PM... ask a couple more questions?
No I don't mind at all.

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #163
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sarah got her first Buck on opening day this year...

My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #164
poobub
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Sarah got her first Buck on opening day this year...

THATS AWESOME!! Congrats to her!!

You are a lucky father to have such an awesome daughter! I hope to have a child one day, and if it is a girl I can only hope she too loves jeeps and hunting

I shot a buck this year opening day as well. It was the biggest buck I have ever laid my sights on, and possibly will be the biggest one I will ever harvest. This season was good to me, and looks like it was good to your family as well.
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #165
poobub
2004 TJ Wrangler 

P.S. Is that an H&R? If so what caliber? I shoot a synthetic H&R .44 mag with the exact same sling. Thats a good looking gun.

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.