Dashboard/electronics problem with TJ 97' - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dashboard/electronics problem with TJ 97'

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 06-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
carlos0306
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dashboard/electronics problem with TJ 97'

Jeep Wrangler 1997 2.5L
After playing around and re-wiring my sub i went to turn the car on and i am not sure what i did but all the gauges (speedometer, RPM, temperature, gas) all of them as well as my radio have no power.
The car still turns on and runs perfectly. All the lights work around the car. Horn still honks. If gas is low the light turns on in the dashboard

I have checked the main fuse box and all are good.

What else should i check?

Any help will be very helpful.

Thank you,
Carlos

carlos0306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Did you check the other fuse box? The block behind the glove box? I think the gauges are fuse 10 & the radio is 15 I believe.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have this same problem! I got in my jeep to leave and all my gauges and radio are dead. They worked fine before I put a new brake light fuse in. Now I have nothing and ALL my fuses are good! I need my jeep now!
jlaudio_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Carlos, do you have courtesy lamps below the dash or dome lamp or under hood lamp? If you do and they are out then it's likely to be the fuse in the PDC. Those lamps get power from the same fuse as the radio and cluster in the under hood power distribution center - fuse 17 (10 Amp). Even if it looks good try swapping it out I've seen fuses before that look fine but test bad.

If the fuse is OK it's possible there is a break in the wire somewhere on the way into the tub. Check for power at the pink/white wire at any of the lamps, radio or cluster.

If the lamps work the fuses rubi lists are correct for switched power. I doubt it's a switched problem though as the radio and cluster get power from different contacts within the switch and wipers, turn signals and accessory socket would be dead too.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I found my problem. I was checking all my fuses the day before and I forgot I dropped one. It was the iod fuse. Works fine now.
jlaudio_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
carlos0306
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you

Thanks a lot guys it was that fuse 17 for some reason i thought those small ones weren't going to run those electronics so i didn't check them. once again thank you.
carlos0306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
michjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys!! Helped me out too(fuse 17)
michjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dash board problem , electric , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.