Dash Vents No A/C - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dash Vents No A/C

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
KilgoreTrout
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dash Vents No A/C

I just noticed that my dash vents don't blow air. I've got a starting point thanks to some threads here, but before I get started, are dash vents supposed to work if you don't have A/C? For reference, I have an '01 TJ with no A/C. I read on another forum that on older Wranglers the dash vents only worked if you had A/C. Is that still true?

KilgoreTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Mine did on my old YJ.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do all your other vents work?

If it only blows out your defrost try this.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fan-always-blows-defrost-selector-doesnt-work-830241/

But to answer your question yes even if you dont have AC your dash vents should still work.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
KilgoreTrout
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't checked defrost vents yet. But my floor vents definitely work. Thanks for the answer on the dash vents. I'll check the engine bay hose first before I go crane my neck and swearing a storm trying to look underneath the dash.
KilgoreTrout is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.