dash vents - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > dash vents

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-18-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
mikev

dash vents

I am unable to get air out of the dash vents on my '97. Had this problem when jeep was still under warranty. They replaced some kind of broken lever??? Still get air on windshield and on floor. Any ideas?

mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #2
davebelair
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, I had that problem with mine when I bought it. I negotiated the fix before I bought it though. Thank God cause it is a major repair If it is the door in the vent. they have to remove the dash, a/c, wiring harness at least that Is what I was told. I would try to get the dealer who fixed it, fix it again. what is it with the heater a/c system I know someone else who's vent is screwed up also...
Anyway good luck with it
davebelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 09:04 PM   #3
motox851
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You should do a search in the forum. There has been a few different threads about this with quite a few ideas of what could be wrong.
Unread 04-18-2003, 09:10 PM   #4
Tango

before you go tearing apart the dash check your vacuum hoses they are under the dash on the driver side .....I knocked mine off when I installed my first CB and I was unable to get air out of the dash vents but still got air on windshield and floor.
Here is a picture of the hoses I am talking about.

these are at the bottom

These are at the top

good luck Hope this helps
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.