Dana 44 spider gears: same in open and ls carriers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 44 spider gears: same in open and ls carriers?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
cheapfix
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Dana 44 spider gears: same in open and ls carriers?

Been searching, looking up the spider kit on a couple of online retail sites, and can't find a different set of parts for the open-carrier vs. trac-loc D44 spider and sidegear set. Anyone know if they are the same?

Found this in the rear diff of my (new to me) 01 TJ w/ D44/ls:

I have an old set of spiders from my aussie install in my XJ d44 -- should I just swap those in? Go new? Opinions?

Got lucky as there is no major damage to the r&p -- very small nick on one tooth of the ring. The chunks that came off the spiders were small enough to mind their own business at the bottom of the pumpkin I guess...

Thanks!

Unread 07-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
LKrux
1997 TJ Wrangler 

if theyre the same, id just swap in the spider gears that you have laying around
Unread 07-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
cheapfix
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, thanks. I will pull the broken ones out and compare them. Might re-use the old ones I have. I will have to buy some parts though-- looks like the spring/thrust washer/ whatever that sits under the drivers side sidegear is busted too -- this may have started the whole thing with chunks of it jamming in the sidegears.

Tags
d44 , dana 44 , limited slip , open , open carrier , open diff , spider gear , spider gears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.