Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #121
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So will the 27 spline C-clip eliminator hold up to 35s and a detroit? Or should I just man up and get the 30 spline eliminator kit and the detroit?

Reason i ask is that I'm gonna do 4.88's and locker(s) f/r but need to upgrade my rear shafts.....I only want to open the D35 up once.....Im on 33's now but when they wear out some 35" MT are goin on. I want to change gears add a rear Detroit and upgrade shafts (C-clip eliminator) all in one weekend and be good to go for quite a few years.

BTW: I already run an Aussie in the front, if that will influence your opinion in any way...

Unread 04-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #122
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
So will the 27 spline C-clip eliminator hold up to 35s and a detroit? Or should I just man up and get the 30 spline eliminator kit and the detroit?

Reason i ask is that I'm gonna do 4.88's and locker(s) f/r but need to upgrade my rear shafts.....I only want to open the D35 up once.....Im on 33's now but when they wear out some 35" MT are goin on. I want to change gears add a rear Detroit and upgrade shafts (C-clip eliminator) all in one weekend and be good to go for quite a few years.

BTW: I already run an Aussie in the front, if that will influence your opinion in any way...
for 35's id go for the super 35 kit, with the c clip eliminator, and the 30 spline locker of your choice. i ran the super 35 kit and 33's, 35's, and 36's with a detroit, and no clip eliminator for years. i think 27 splines is a little small for 35's. jmho
glfwda #6624
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #123
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I run the 27 spline Superior Evolution series with the C-Clip Eliminator on 33's. I want to step up to 35's, too and have decided it's probably not the best decision, but I believe it's doable. The 488's add a bit to the mix, too, I would think.

My guess is that if you like that spendy pedal, you're probably making a mistake. Besides, if the cost of the Superior Super 35 is in your budget, you're much better off going that route. Over building is under rated...

You know what? I'll bet you, you won't break the 27 spline Superior Evo shafts, but the R&P is another story...if you go with the 27 spline, then I would also go with Superior R&P so they're all in the same family...might get along better. But I'm only guessing...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #124
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah but also remember i run the low output 2.5L too.....and I've already got the Motive 4.88's + install kits for the f/r
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #125
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
Yeah but also remember i run the low output 2.5L too.....and I've already got the Motive 4.88's + install kits for the f/r
Well then, you're a daisy if ya do...
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #126
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

"You aint no daisy....you aint not daisy at tall...." LOL

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.