Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #61
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Life is good.

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne

Last edited by dbbd1; 12-27-2008 at 11:23 PM..
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #62
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could find one thread dealing with the c clip eliminator that is longer than 4 pages where no one flames the other person...can't we all just get along?

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #63
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those of us that choose to keep and upgrade our Dana 35's always have to wade through a bunch of useless bickering that usually has nothing to do with the OP's questions. I have become numb to it, although somewhat entertained. I will be ordering this kit for some piece of mind, and a courtesy to members of my club, while on the trail. As Blaine has stated in another thread, this kit is completely reversable. When and if I do win the D44 lottery and get one, I can sell this kit to someone like me, that wants to strengthen their 35 without spending over a grand. There, I said it....now flame away, D35 haters!!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #64
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler2007 View Post
I wish I could find one thread dealing with the c clip eliminator that is longer than 4 pages where no one flames the other person...can't we all just get along?
it will never happen if the 35 enters into the conversation. People can't look at the facts rationally and make connections.
Simple things like 1+1=2 become 1+1=8792346587.
Unread 02-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #65
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bump on this thread.

My C-clip eliminators have served me well in all these months. I have although exploded my spider gears.
Unread 03-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #66
rissacher
2005 TJ Wrangler 

install pain

I'm installing the 27 spline c-clip eliminator and its been a real pain to get in. Granted, my mechanic skills are low, but I have about 20 hours in so far.

My current pain is that I'm finally to the step where I slide the new shafts in... but they don't "slide" in. I've been banging away with a hammer and they still don't seat deep enough in the housings to allow my to attach the nuts to the retainers and tighten it in that way. I'm not sure if I did something wrong (or what exactly could cause this... the axle shaft slid into the spline fine before I put the hardware on the shaft), or if its all machined wrong. I do have some doubts in superior after this kit. They forgot to include two parts, and whats worst is I'm pretty sure the kit was supposed to have the hardware already pressed onto the axle shaft (retainer, oil seal, bearing and shaft collar)... I almost installed with that suff just slid on by hand until I realized it didn't make sense so I had to bring it all to a mechanic who had an axle press.

Any ideas on my problem?

Sorry to add a bad opinion to a kit that everyone seems to like... this thing seemed like a good idea, but now it looks like a poor product and I miss drivining my jeep!
rissacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #67
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissacher View Post
I'm installing the 27 spline c-clip eliminator and its been a real pain to get in. Granted, my mechanic skills are low, but I have about 20 hours in so far.

My current pain is that I'm finally to the step where I slide the new shafts in... but they don't "slide" in. I've been banging away with a hammer and they still don't seat deep enough in the housings to allow my to attach the nuts to the retainers and tighten it in that way. I'm not sure if I did something wrong (or what exactly could cause this... the axle shaft slid into the spline fine before I put the hardware on the shaft), or if its all machined wrong. I do have some doubts in superior after this kit. They forgot to include two parts, and whats worst is I'm pretty sure the kit was supposed to have the hardware already pressed onto the axle shaft (retainer, oil seal, bearing and shaft collar)... I almost installed with that suff just slid on by hand until I realized it didn't make sense so I had to bring it all to a mechanic who had an axle press.

Any ideas on my problem?

Sorry to add a bad opinion to a kit that everyone seems to like... this thing seemed like a good idea, but now it looks like a poor product and I miss drivining my jeep!
are you following Blaine's installation instructions? This is an easy upgrade.
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #68
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Any ideas on my problem?

Same problem both sides? You haven't inadvertently switched axle shaft sides have you, that is trying to put the longer shaft in the shorter side?
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #69
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm installing the 27 spline c-clip eliminator and its been a real pain to get in. Granted, my mechanic skills are low, but I have about 20 hours in so far. You would be correct!

Any ideas on my problem? "Granted, my mechanic skills are low, but I have about 20 hours in so far. "

It's a great product! Just need a little experience in axle shafts assembly.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #70
nsmerilli
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the kit was supposed to have the hardware already pressed onto the axle shaft (retainer, oil seal, bearing and shaft collar)... I almost installed with that suff just slid on by hand until I realized it didn't make sense so I had to bring it all to a mechanic who had an axle press.

!
So is the hardware already supposed to be pressed onto the shaft or do you have to take it to somebody?
nsmerilli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #71
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Holy crap, I was quoted a price of $525 for this kit back in November. Now that my tax check is here, it looks like the price has jumped to $1100.???????4wd.com. Anyone know if it is a misprint?
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #72
nsmerilli
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
Holy crap, I was quoted a price of $525 for this kit back in November. Now that my tax check is here, it looks like the price has jumped to $1100.???????4wd.com. Anyone know if it is a misprint?
It is a misprint the kit sells for 613.00 from superior.
nsmerilli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #73
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
no goto redrock4x4.com they have it cheap still

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #74
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmerilli View Post
So is the hardware already supposed to be pressed onto the shaft or do you have to take it to somebody?
I didn't take it to anyone. I found a press i could use and put it together. I was half way across the country when I did my install.
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #75
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not quite sure how your skills equate to Superior making a bad product. I also see no reason for even a raw beginner with only enough knowledge to know which end of a wrench to hold would take more than 5 hours. What parts are you struggling with?

Quote:
My current pain is that I'm finally to the step where I slide the new shafts in... but they don't "slide" in. I've been banging away with a hammer and they still don't seat deep enough in the housings to allow my to attach the nuts to the retainers and tighten it in that way. I'm not sure if I did something wrong (or what exactly could cause this... the axle shaft slid into the spline fine before I put the hardware on the shaft), or if its all machined wrong.
All of the parts have names. Which ones are giving you fits?

Was the bearing race pressed into the inner housing end correctly?

Do you have the right side axle on the right side of the rig?

Quote:
I do have some doubts in superior after this kit. They forgot to include two parts, and whats worst is I'm pretty sure the kit was supposed to have the hardware already pressed onto the axle shaft (retainer, oil seal, bearing and shaft collar)... I almost installed with that suff just slid on by hand until I realized it didn't make sense so I had to bring it all to a mechanic who had an axle press.

Any ideas on my problem?

Do I need to expound further, or are you just going to find every Superior post and run your mouth?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.