Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #46
badassjeep04
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I will soundly discount the opinions and experiences of anyone who thinks that there is anything hard about finding parts for any of the OEM 44's in the TJ. Further adding to this I will also discount their opinions if they are incapable of understanding that when you add chromium and molybdenum to steel to make the alloy 4340, doing so does not make it a "chrome" axle.

Chrome is for newbie tube bumpers and if you own a Jeep, you should know the difference, especially if you are going to ignore the OP's request and toss in your unwanted 2 cents worth over a part of a Jeep you can't even spell correctly.

Which, due to your lack of knowledge about things axle related, is likely worth considerably less, as if that were even possible.
1st: I didn’t know how to spell chrome molly right, so I forgot the other part 4340... You obviously knew what I meant before you made that comment. I understand that you are very knowledgeable, and very respected but now I think you are a ***, you could of went about correcting my error completely differently and showed other people respect instead of trying to shut people down.

2nd: go to a parts store and tell them you have a d44 front axel on a jeep and they won’t know what you’re talking about, this is the same for NAPA, therefore it is difficult for me to find parts for these, and I refuse to use the dealer. They also don’t recognize "Rubicon" either.

3rd: I have done some wheeling and have owned jeeps for some time, and I am a garage mechanic that is always looking for more information, therefore I ask questions to arouse opinions, that’s why I was wondering why someone would put so much money into this axel, and offer some of my experiences, because that’s what the thread asked for. I know I cannot spell when I am on a forum, because I live in an age of spell check, and unfortunately it has made my spelling incorrect... I apologize.

the Rubicon that i own now will be sol shortly and i will be getting another jeep with a D35 and would like to know if this would change my experiances with that axel in the past. I purchased the Rubicon to make some money so i can own one outright.

badassjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #47
never monday
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In my own world
Posts: 6,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjeep04 View Post
3rd: I have done some wheeling and have owned jeeps for some time, and i am a garage mechanic that is always looking for more information, therefore i ask questions to arouse openions, thats why i was wondering why somone would put so much money into this axel, and offer some of my experiances, because thats what the thread asked for.
then start another thread with your question
The OP specifically stated he didn't want a flame war of the merits of his decision. Your post was nothing more than a provocative instigation to drive this thread off track.
__________________
Get Savvy
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #48
badassjeep04
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
then start another thread with your question
The OP specifically stated he didn't want a flame war of the merits of his decision. Your post was nothing more than a provocative instigation to drive this thread off track.
okay will do, sorry for the confusion. acctually ill just delete what i wrote

Thank you Never Monday for the responce, i deleted what I wrote

Last edited by badassjeep04; 12-27-2008 at 02:24 PM..
badassjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #49
Jerry Bransford
Administrator
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Escondido, California, California
Posts: 60,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjeep04 View Post
2nd: go to a parts store and tell them you have a d44 front axel on a jeep and they won’t know what you’re talking about, this is the same for NAPA, therefore it is difficult for me to find parts for these, and I refuse to use the dealer. They also don’t recognize "Rubicon" either.
Anyone who claims to be a mechanic as you do should know more than the uneducated parts counter guys and should be able to steer them properly to find the parts you need. I am far from being qualified to call myself a mechanic but I have had ZERO problems getting parts for my Dana 44 over the years. It had never taken more than a few minutes of easy research for me to locate whatever part I needed for my Dana 44. So far as refusing to use the dealer when nothing else works for you, well that sounds like nothing more than a bit of stubborness. I use the dealer when I have to with seldom any problem other than having to remind them to give me a discount and not charge me full price which they will usually do if you simply ask for a discount.
__________________
Getting Savvy...

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.


TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #50
badassjeep04
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Anyone who claims to be a mechanic as you do should know more than the parts counter guys and should be able to steer them properly to find the parts you need. I am far from being qualified to call myself a mechanic but I have had ZERO problems getting parts for my Dana 44 over the years. It had never taken more than a few minutes of easy research for me to locate whatever part I needed for my Dana 44. So far as refusing to use the dealer when nothing else works for you, well that sounds like nothing more than a bit of stubborness. I use the dealer when I have to with seldom any problem other than having to remind them to give me a discount and not charge me full price which they will usually do if you simply ask for a discount.

Yeah i agree it is stuborn, i had some problems at my local one in the past, which i should prob. get over, its the front D44 that i have a issue with. i have always had D30 so i am not used to the D44 yet
badassjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #51
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by +GRAVES+ View Post
huh... I'm gonna call 4 wheel parts in just a sec & ask about theirs.
Ask about their what?

Quote:
So just to clarify, if it is 27 spline, I can use my stock carrier with the c clip elim kit, right?
No, you're special and your 27 spline differential is not the same all other the other 11tybillion Dana 35 stock differentials in the TJ.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #52
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore
 
+GRAVES+'s Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Ask about their what?
It states 30 spline on their website & you said that's a mistake. Actually you said "It is not "a" typo. It is a series of typos because the lazy POS that wrote the ad copy was too stupid to do anything other than substitute a few words from the Super 88 copy. Fortunately, he no longer works at Superior as the head of marketing. " Just wanting to check with them directly before I spend my hard earned dough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
No, you're special and your 27 spline differential is not the same all other the other 11tybillion Dana 35 stock differentials in the TJ.
wow, you having a rough day? It seems like most people go with a locker when they upgrade the axles. Just asking if my stock carrier will hold up ok with the c-clip eliminator setup, cause I have no experience with it. (and to think you almost convinced me I was special )

I just spent 14 hours in a blackout out here in the islands with Pres elect Obama... who I'm pretty sure had a generator brought in. I also missed a night of work (and pay) because of it. So rather than be upset, I'm gonna have a cup of delicious coffee, take a shower and get on with this kick @ss day. So to everyone else- hope you have a great day as well
__________________
"The best advice I can give you is never listen to my advice"
+GRAVES+ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #53
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjeep04 View Post
1st: I didnít know how to spell chrome molly right, so I forgot the other part 4340... You obviously knew what I meant before you made that comment. I understand that you are very knowledgeable, and very respected but now I think you are a ***, you could of went about correcting my error completely differently and showed other people respect instead of trying to shut people down.
First, here's my sig from another board.

Yes, I'm rude, arrogant, egotistical, basically a jerk, and have little to no regard for your feelings and you lack the capacity to hurt mine. Deal with it.

Now you understand that calling me names is like pouring water on a duck.

I would have corrected you gently had you not ignored the OP's requests, then lied about understanding that request, and then were so forceful in your statements. I see no value in prolonging your pain. I'm going to shut you down as fast as I'm capable when you're wrong and assertive.



Quote:
2nd: go to a parts store and tell them you have a d44 front axel on a jeep and they wonít know what youíre talking about, this is the same for NAPA, therefore it is difficult for me to find parts for these, and I refuse to use the dealer. They also donít recognize "Rubicon" either.
The pure definition of insanity is the repetition of the same actions and expecting a different result.

Quote:
3rd: I have done some wheeling and have owned jeeps for some time, and I am a garage mechanic that is always looking for more information, therefore I ask questions to arouse opinions, thatís why I was wondering why someone would put so much money into this axel, and offer some of my experiences, because thatís what the thread asked for. I know I cannot spell when I am on a forum, because I live in an age of spell check, and unfortunately it has made my spelling incorrect... I apologize.
Yet you did it again after I corrected you.

Quote:
the Rubicon that i own now will be sol shortly and i will be getting another jeep with a D35 and would like to know if this would change my experiances with that axel in the past. I purchased the Rubicon to make some money so i can own one outright.
Start your own thread and quit stomping around in the muck you caused in this one.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #54
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by +GRAVES+ View Post
It states 30 spline on their website & you said that's a mistake. Actually you said "It is not "a" typo. It is a series of typos because the lazy POS that wrote the ad copy was too stupid to do anything other than substitute a few words from the Super 88 copy. Fortunately, he no longer works at Superior as the head of marketing. " Just wanting to check with them directly before I spend my hard earned dough.



wow, you having a rough day? It seems like most people go with a locker when they upgrade the axles. Just asking if my stock carrier will hold up ok with the c-clip eliminator setup, cause I have no experience with it. (and to think you almost convinced me I was special )

I just spent 14 hours in a blackout out here in the islands with Pres elect Obama... who I'm pretty sure had a generator brought in. I also missed a night of work (and pay) because of it. So rather than be upset, I'm gonna have a cup of delicious coffee, take a shower and get on with this kick @ss day. So to everyone else- hope you have a great day as well
I also said this-

The Dana 35 version does not work with discs. It is 27 spline, it requires no cutting, but does require some drilling with the supplied drill bit. There are 4 parts to the C-clip eliminator and no spacer rings. The bearings are 1/2 ton Dana 44, not 3/4 ton from a Ford.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #55
badassjeep04
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
First, here's my sig from another board.

Yes, I'm rude, arrogant, egotistical, basically a jerk, and have little to no regard for your feelings and you lack the capacity to hurt mine. Deal with it.

Now you understand that calling me names is like pouring water on a duck.

I would have corrected you gently had you not ignored the OP's requests, then lied about understanding that request, and then were so forceful in your statements. I see no value in prolonging your pain. I'm going to shut you down as fast as I'm capable when you're wrong and assertive.





The pure definition of insanity is the repetition of the same actions and expecting a different result.



Yet you did it again after I corrected you.



Start your own thread and quit stomping around in the muck you caused in this one.

Good reply, and i agree now that i look back

pooring water on a duck... lol

Should of disclosed the arrogant stuff before because i would of underdstood. You did a great job annyizing my statments and the form i used to exress my openion and it was out of place. And yes i will go start my own thread because im buring myself in muck currently.
badassjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #56
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore
 
+GRAVES+'s Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I also said this-

The Dana 35 version does not work with discs. It is 27 spline, it requires no cutting, but does require some drilling with the supplied drill bit. There are 4 parts to the C-clip eliminator and no spacer rings. The bearings are 1/2 ton Dana 44, not 3/4 ton from a Ford.

yes, you did.

But in all seriousness... and in your experience... do you think my stock carrier would hold up ok with the c clip eliminator? I dont do heavy wheeling, I have a 4 banger & I'm pretty light on the skinny pedal. I dont recall seeing this answered anywhere & I've only got about a week to make up my mind about which direction I want to go with my rear axle. thanks
__________________
"The best advice I can give you is never listen to my advice"
+GRAVES+ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #57
never monday
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In my own world
Posts: 6,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by +GRAVES+ View Post
yes, you did.

But in all seriousness... and in your experience... do you think my stock carrier would hold up ok with the c clip eliminator? I dont do heavy wheeling, I have a 4 banger & I'm pretty light on the skinny pedal. I dont recall seeing this answered anywhere & I've only got about a week to make up my mind about which direction I want to go with my rear axle. thanks
all the tester except me have been 27 spline. I think there is an asortment of open, LSD, locked testers.

You'll be fine with any of the options your looking at.
__________________
Get Savvy
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #58
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by +GRAVES+ View Post
yes, you did.

But in all seriousness... and in your experience... do you think my stock carrier would hold up ok with the c clip eliminator? I dont do heavy wheeling, I have a 4 banger & I'm pretty light on the skinny pedal. I dont recall seeing this answered anywhere & I've only got about a week to make up my mind about which direction I want to go with my rear axle. thanks

In all seriousness, how do any of us know what your stock carrier has had to endure? I could say it will, but you're the only one that knows how it's been treated. If you've abused it, good luck. If you've been nice to it, you should be fine.

We've abuse the stock carriers with the kit and they have been very fine and are in fact, still very fine.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #59
dbbd1
Senior Member
 
dbbd1's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Now you understand that calling me names is like pouring water on a duck.
Just because I can be an A$$ at times too...

You could always pour HOT water on the duck, that would get it's attention. LOL

Your opinion, and most others on this forum, are always appreciated. We may not always agree, but at least we can do so in an informed way.



Anyways, when I scrounge the money and order my c-clip elim kit, I was going to call direct also. I want to make sure that I get the 27 spline instead of the 30 spline.

Graves- there are several other threads that seem to concur that the stock carrier, et al, are more than ample for up to, say, 32's with this kit (maybe 33's). This will be direction I take after Santa gets off his a$$ and decides he wants to bring me another gift.

And while I rambling here, "gift" (the same spelling) in German, means "poison," just an FYI.
__________________
The opinions of worthless people, are worthless.

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #60
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Just because I can be an A$$ at times too...

You could always pour HOT water on the duck, that would get it's attention. LOL
You could take the duck, cut his head off and shove it up his rectum and that would get his attention as well, but, that's not what I said for precisely those reasons. And, if you keep defeating the forum censor, you may find out how the duck with it's head up it's *** feels.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.