Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #31
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
From what I've done; and read of Blaines testers.
27 spline with c-clip eliminators is good for 33's easy
30 spline c-clip is good for 35's. 36's if your a light foot.
30 spline with c-clip eliminators, we just don't know yet how far it can go..

Well I'm running 33's and have no plans to go bigger. Guess I better check my finances cause it looks like I'll be going with a new S35. thx

Unread 12-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #32
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

S35 on 33's works great for me. i keep telling myself that 33's is as big as i want to go but ill probably go to 35's in the future.
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
Jeepster83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #33
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster83 View Post
S35 on 33's works great for me. i keep telling myself that 33's is as big as i want to go but ill probably go to 35's in the future.
I thought the same thing with 33s...now I'm on 35s. S35 still holding up great!

Edit: To keep it on track about the c-clip eliminator, as far as I know it will not work if you have put disc brakes on the dana 35.
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #34
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm ready to order one, but I'd hate to get the one from 4wd or 4wheelparts where mrblaine said it's the 27 spline and their site says 30 and then I get the wrong one....I'd like a S35 with this kit in it...

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #35
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I tell ya what... Between Mr. Blaine, Jerry Bransford, and Never monday I feel confident in following ANY advice that the three guys even marginally agree on, and If all three say that something is good to go, then I would jump in with no worries. Now I just wish that I didn't already have 30 spline chromos in my S35.... Just so I could have even more peace of mind.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #36
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Kenbo
Please don't put me in the info class of Jerry and Blaine. They have years more than I. I just do things from a different perspective and push limits more.
Unread 12-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #37
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My appologies, yet I feel that a melting pot of information is needed. If three guys that look at products differently agree on a product, then I feel confident. Not for nothing, you know the D35 inside and out. One guy designs a product, another beats the hell out of it to make sure that the R&D is where it needs to be. They may have more experience, yet as far as the 35 goes, you are right up there in my book.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #38
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
no, the shafts have different shoulders to press the bearing on to.
damn
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #39
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
I tell ya what... Between Mr. Blaine, Jerry Bransford, and Never monday I feel confident in following ANY advice that the three guys even marginally agree on, and If all three say that something is good to go, then I would jump in with no worries. Now I just wish that I didn't already have 30 spline chromos in my S35.... Just so I could have even more peace of mind.
If you looked at our rigs, you wouldn't think we agreed on much at all. 3 entirely different build philosophies and executions.

I don't know about Pat or Jerry, but I wouldn't take either of their rigs in a straight across trade for my wife's 35" tired TJ.

That only means I like what I have and I don't like what they have, it does not make them wrong, just different.
Unread 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #40
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

so is this the kit http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...5&partID=41125 but they have made a typo and it is 27 spline axles???

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #41
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

supposedly...

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #42
badassjeep04
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Edit: didnt want to flame on the D 35. Sorry

Last edited by badassjeep04; 12-27-2008 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Flamming Post
badassjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #43
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
so is this the kit http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...5&partID=41125 but they have made a typo and it is 27 spline axles???
It is not "a" typo. It is a series of typos because the lazy POS that wrote the ad copy was too stupid to do anything other than substitute a few words from the Super 88 copy. Fortunately, he no longer works at Superior as the head of marketing.

Super 88 kit ad copy-

The Super 8.8™ Axle System features a 35% Increase in strength over stock applications. The system fits 1995 and newer Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineer 8.8 axle housings with disc brakes and drum brakes. The kit comes complete with the following: Two USA-made 31 spline 4340 chrome molly axles. The axles feature a thicker flange and increased radius to the body for a real strength increase for those side hill moments. This design provides more strength than some aftermarket designs that only increase the thickness of the flange. Two heavy-duty machined axle retainers with spacer rings. Complete set of 3/4 ton Timken Roller Bearings™ and Seals. Two C-Clip eliminators, Ten 1/2-20 threaded studs and two axle badges to show your Superior pride. The Super 88™ Axle System requires some cutting but no welding. On average it can be installed in your driveway in under 2 hours.

Dana 35 eliminator copy-

The Dana 35 C-Clip Eliminator Axle System features a 35% Increase in strength over stock applications. The system fits 1995 to 2006 Jeep Dana 35 Axle housings with disc brakes and drum brakes. The kit comes complete with the following: Two USA-made 30 spline 4340 chrome molly axles. The axles feature a thicker flange and increased radius to the body for a real strength increase for those side hill moments. This design provides more strength than some aftermarket designs that only increase the thickness of the flange. Two heavy-duty machined axle retainers with spacer rings. Complete set of 3/4 ton Timken Roller Bearings™ and Seals. Two C-Clip eliminators, Ten 1/2-20 threaded studs and two axle badges to show your Superior pride. The Dana 35 Axle System requires some cutting but no welding. On average it can be installed in your driveway in under 2 hours.

The Dana 35 version does not work with discs. It is 27 spline, it requires no cutting, but does require some drilling with the supplied drill bit. There are 4 parts to the C-clip eliminator and no spacer rings. The bearings are 1/2 ton Dana 44, not 3/4 ton from a Ford.

There is a 30 spline version available for existing Super Kits and a stand alone Super 35 kit with the eliminator.
Unread 12-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #44
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjeep04 View Post
am i the only one that thinks this is a huge price for a bandaid? i do understand the OP when he said that is what he wants... but i broke many shafts on my 01 and even a chrome one... it would be nice to have the shaft stay in place when this happens.. but still not the big issue... D35 i hated mine in my YJ and my older TJ.. worthless axels... and i am also starting to hate these D44s, becuase they are hard to find parts for and the front D30/D44 thing is confusing, although changing fluids is a Breeze!
I will soundly discount the opinions and experiences of anyone who thinks that there is anything hard about finding parts for any of the OEM 44's in the TJ. Further adding to this I will also discount their opinions if they are incapable of understanding that when you add chromium and molybdenum to steel to make the alloy 4340, doing so does not make it a "chrome" axle.

Chrome is for newbie tube bumpers and if you own a Jeep, you should know the difference, especially if you are going to ignore the OP's request and toss in your unwanted 2 cents worth over a part of a Jeep you can't even spell correctly.

Which, due to your lack of knowledge about things axle related, is likely worth considerably less, as if that were even possible.
Unread 12-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #45
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
It is not "a" typo. It is a series of typos because the lazy POS that wrote the ad copy was too stupid to do anything other than substitute a few words from the Super 88 copy. Fortunately, he no longer works at Superior as the head of marketing.

The Dana 35 version does not work with discs. It is 27 spline, it requires no cutting, but does require some drilling with the supplied drill bit. There are 4 parts to the C-clip eliminator and no spacer rings. The bearings are 1/2 ton Dana 44, not 3/4 ton from a Ford.

There is a 30 spline version available for existing Super Kits and a stand alone Super 35 kit with the eliminator.
huh... I'm gonna call 4 wheel parts in just a sec & ask about theirs. As I said before, I have no prob going with the c clip elim & no locker to save a few bucks for now. So just to clarify, if it is 27 spline, I can use my stock carrier with the c clip elim kit, right?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.