Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 12-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #16
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You're such a spaz. It's been installed since 11-11-07.

Wow, where does the time go?!

Well...there you have it folks...it's been in for over a year, and no problems!

my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Question for the OP. I want one, where did you get it?? and $$$. A local driveline & gear dealer said they can get one for $599.
TJDaveX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got it at 4wd.com. I ordered it on the 23rd for $529 and they were doing a 10% off. I also had a $50 gift card so with everything including shipping it will be on its way to my house for $476ish. They said it was on back order and would be after Christmas before it shipped but I am in no hurry so that's ok by me. As long as they are still doing the 10% off you should still be able to get it for around $530 shipped.
roadsuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

So the guys testing these (and you guys that just posted) are running stock shafts with lockers?
Unread 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by +GRAVES+ View Post
Are the guys testing these (or you guys that just posted) running stock shafts with lockers?
the kit comes with cromo shafts designed for the bolt in application
Unread 12-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
AlTheKillerr

is it possible to get it without the shafts? i already have 30 spline chromos in
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #22
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKuback View Post
is it possible to get it without the shafts? i already have 30 spline chromos in
no, the shafts have different shoulders to press the bearing on to.
Unread 12-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #23
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
the kit comes with cromo shafts designed for the bolt in application
Sorry to the OP for hijacking.

I just looked at 4 wheel parts website & their superior kit includes- "Two USA-made 30 spline 4340 chrome molly axles."

And its on sale for right around $600 OTD.

I'm about to regear very soon and was juuuust about to buy a Superior S35 kit, which is closer to $1000 OTD.

I am pretty happy so far with just my front locker, so I think I could live with no rear locker for now.

Any advantages/disadvantages to the c-clip eliminator over the S35 kit? And I assume the D35 C-clip eliminator kit with a locker would basically be the same a S35 (with the c-clip elimator added)?

Long and short, $600 is easier for me to stomach right now than $1000 & I can always add a locker later if needed... right? Or do I also need a 30 spline carrier if I just go with the C-clip kit?

Either way, I want to deal with my D35 changes while I've got everything apart for the regear

thanks
Unread 12-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #24
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry to the OP for hijacking.

I just looked at 4 wheel parts website & their superior kit includes- "Two USA-made 30 spline 4340 chrome molly axles."

And its on sale for right around $600 OTD.

I'm about to regear very soon and was juuuust about to buy a Superior S35 kit, which is closer to $1000 OTD.

I am pretty happy so far with just my front locker, so I think I could live with no rear locker for now.

Any advantages/disadvantages to the c-clip eliminator over the S35 kit? And I assume the D35 C-clip eliminator kit with a locker would basically be the same a S35 (with the c-clip elimator added)?

Long and short, $600 is easier for me to stomach right now than $1000 & I can always add a locker later if needed... right? Or do I also need a 30 spline carrier if I just go with the C-clip kit?

Either way, I want to deal with my D35 changes while I've got everything apart for the regear

thanks
I just looked on 4wd.com and it still says 10% off the $529 normal price. So $476.99 plus shipping and you have it. Like I said earlier, it is on backorder but I can wait to save the money. I seem to remember mrblaine saying something about it being a typo on the 30 spline shafts, it should read 27 spline but the guy was to lazy to correct it. Any other question about adding a locker is best left to someone else and not me.
roadsuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #25
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the c-clip eliminator is either 27- or 30-spline.
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
Jeepster83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #26
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Graves,
it's hard to tell you which way to go.
Go S35 and be short on cash, and long on axle.
Go 27 spline, you'll have a better axle, but still not locked. The 27 spline stuff will be no good of you upgrade to a 30 spline later.
Unread 12-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #27
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Graves,
it's hard to tell you which way to go.
Go S35 and be short on cash, and long on axle.
Go 27 spline, you'll have a better axle, but still not locked. The 27 spline stuff will be no good of you upgrade to a 30 spline later.

It sounds like people are doing just fine with the locked 27 spline axles w/ c clip elim... and I could always add a locker later. However, 4 wheel parts has the 30 spline c clip elim kits... they dont have any 27 splines listed. I live on an island so shipping would be at least a few hundred dollars if I ordered the 27 spline kit from 4wd.com. what I like about 4 wheel parts is they charge the state tax 4.5% plus a flat 6% on the price for shipping. So even if it costs $100 & weighs 100 lbs, it's still only $6 for shipping.

I think an unlocked 27 spline/c-clip elim would probably be my best bet... but I don't think I can get one locally so I may be out of luck on that deal. And from everything I've read, the c-clip is usually the weak point for the D35... even with the S35 kit. So it seems I'm back to square one again. Any other thoughts? thanks
Unread 12-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #28
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And from everything I've read, the c-clip is usually the weak point for the D35... even with the S35 kit. So it seems I'm back to square one again. Any other thoughts? thanks
I'd like to address this one assumption.
The clip isn't the the problem.
With stock 27 spline shafts they fail where the shaft goes from 1.3" to 1.16". Every one I've seen fail we had to remove the c lip and a stub of shaft from the diff.
The 30 spline doesn't break often enough to get a feel for a trend.
Unread 12-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
+GRAVES+
Corporate Whore

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd like to address this one assumption.
The clip isn't the the problem.
With stock 27 spline shafts they fail where the shaft goes from 1.3" to 1.16". Every one I've seen fail we had to remove the c lip and a stub of shaft from the diff.
The 30 spline doesn't break often enough to get a feel for a trend.
Fair enough. I hate to re-post bad info, so thx for the correction. unfortunately for me, I'm still back at square one regardless.

But I guess the good news is- and correct me if I'm wrong- you just said that I shouldn't have to worry about the c-clip breaking (or the 30 spline axle) if I go with a S35 kit?
Unread 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #30
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

From what I've done; and read of Blaines testers.
27 spline with c-clip eliminators is good for 33's easy
30 spline c-clip is good for 35's. 36's if your a light foot.
30 spline with c-clip eliminators, we just don't know yet how far it can go..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.