Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

This has been out a bit now and I am wondering opinions from people who have wheeled with this. What are you running with it ( I have tru-tracks f/r), kinds of trails and general pros or cons? Any search I do doesn't seem to have any much in terms of 1st hand experience and ends up in a pissing match of naysayers so I don't want that. Thanks in advance!

roadsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

it's awesome
Unread 12-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids88yj View Post
Use the money for a ford 8.8 youll be happier in the long run. I had a non clip d35, ticking time bomb!!!
Nope, I already ordered the eliminator. I am wanting to see IF there is any specific situation that has been breaking the c-clip eliminator for my own knowledge. I won't be getting a different axle, I am content what I have and will not be changing my mind anytime soon. The tru-tracks have served me very well and I am looking to have further confidence when I am out wheeling. I do not have nor do I feel the need to have lockers so why mess what works for me personally really well? Thank you for your opinion but I am not looking for a different axle, just information on making the one I have better.
Unread 12-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsuk View Post
Nope, I already ordered the eliminator. I am wanting to see IF there is any specific situation that has been breaking the c-clip eliminator for my own knowledge.
You can't break the eliminator. It's a machined housing end with larger D-44 sized bearings. The axles are possible to break, but so far, that's not happened. Granted, there is not a huge amount of them in use, but the testing I supervised would likely scare anyone with what I had them do and all the parts survived just fine.

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion but I am not looking for a different axle, just information on making the one I have better.
You'll be just fine. Enjoy and if you have any questions, shoot me a pm and I'll forward my number.
Unread 12-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You can't break the eliminator. It's a machined housing end with larger D-44 sized bearings. The axles are possible to break, but so far, that's not happened. Granted, there is not a huge amount of them in use, but the testing I supervised would likely scare anyone with what I had them do and all the parts survived just fine.

You'll be just fine. Enjoy and if you have any questions, shoot me a pm and I'll forward my number.
Thank you mrblaine, I really appreciate it.
Unread 12-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you mrblaine, I really appreciate it.
Forgot to mention that I got an update from one of our long term testers in Canada. He's been snow wheeling the crap out of it doing hill climbs with snow chains. That means he's spinning like crazy to chew down through the snow until he gets traction to climb.

A bit scary, eh?
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome, that's the kind of thing I like to hear! I don't do tire chains but we do get some snow here in Iowa and digging until traction is common.
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
mrbates
RESIDENT METAL
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Forgot to mention that I got an update from one of our long term testers in Canada. He's been snow wheeling the crap out of it doing hill climbs with snow chains. That means he's spinning like crazy to chew down through the snow until he gets traction to climb.

A bit scary, eh?
what size tires is he running? that sounds scary on 28's. i bet it is fun though.

2003 X. 3" SA. Locked D44s F/R. 35" MTR-K's
mrbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
what size tires is he running? that sounds scary on 28's. i bet it is fun though.
33's currently
Unread 12-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #10
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This has been out a bit now and I am wondering opinions from people who have wheeled with this. What are you running with it ( I have tru-tracks f/r), kinds of trails and general pros or cons? Any search I do doesn't seem to have any much in terms of 1st hand experience and ends up in a pissing match of naysayers so I don't want that. Thanks in advance!
i can't see it in your info that's why i'm asking,do you have abs?

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #11
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is the guy running 33's with the jeep in canada...he have the 30 spline or 27 spline and what type of differential?

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #12
roadsuk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
i can't see it in your info that's why i'm asking,do you have abs?

No, I don't have ABS.
Unread 12-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #13
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler2007 View Post
Is the guy running 33's with the jeep in canada...he have the 30 spline or 27 spline and what type of differential?
27 spline with an ARB.
Unread 12-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Superior C-Clip eliminator in my d35 axle. 27-spline and a Tru-Track. Running 33" tires.

Blaine would have to remind me of how long I've had it installed, but it's been several months, and so far, absolutely NO problems with it. (plan on taking it out to Truckhaven in a couple of weeks to beat on it some more!) As for the type of terrain...it's mostly rocks and a bunch of pavement!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman View Post

Blaine would have to remind me of how long I've had it installed, but it's been several months, and so far, absolutely NO problems with it.
You're such a spaz. It's been installed since 11-11-07.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.