JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/dana-35-c-clip-eliminator-1st-hand-experience-657746/)

roadsuk 12-26-2008 09:40 AM

Dana 35 c-clip eliminator 1st hand experience?

This has been out a bit now and I am wondering opinions from people who have wheeled with this. What are you running with it ( I have tru-tracks f/r), kinds of trails and general pros or cons? Any search I do doesn't seem to have any much in terms of 1st hand experience and ends up in a pissing match of naysayers so I don't want that. Thanks in advance! :cheers2:

never monday 12-26-2008 09:43 AM

it's awesome

roadsuk 12-26-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kids88yj (Post 6240849)
Use the money for a ford 8.8 youll be happier in the long run. I had a non clip d35, ticking time bomb!!!

Nope, I already ordered the eliminator. I am wanting to see IF there is any specific situation that has been breaking the c-clip eliminator for my own knowledge. I won't be getting a different axle, I am content what I have and will not be changing my mind anytime soon. The tru-tracks have served me very well and I am looking to have further confidence when I am out wheeling. I do not have nor do I feel the need to have lockers so why mess what works for me personally really well? Thank you for your opinion but I am not looking for a different axle, just information on making the one I have better.

mrblaine 12-26-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadsuk (Post 6240883)
Nope, I already ordered the eliminator. I am wanting to see IF there is any specific situation that has been breaking the c-clip eliminator for my own knowledge.

You can't break the eliminator. It's a machined housing end with larger D-44 sized bearings. The axles are possible to break, but so far, that's not happened. Granted, there is not a huge amount of them in use, but the testing I supervised would likely scare anyone with what I had them do and all the parts survived just fine.

Quote:

Thank you for your opinion but I am not looking for a different axle, just information on making the one I have better.
You'll be just fine. Enjoy and if you have any questions, shoot me a pm and I'll forward my number.

roadsuk 12-26-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblaine (Post 6240957)
You can't break the eliminator. It's a machined housing end with larger D-44 sized bearings. The axles are possible to break, but so far, that's not happened. Granted, there is not a huge amount of them in use, but the testing I supervised would likely scare anyone with what I had them do and all the parts survived just fine.

You'll be just fine. Enjoy and if you have any questions, shoot me a pm and I'll forward my number.

Thank you mrblaine, I really appreciate it.

mrblaine 12-26-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadsuk (Post 6240978)
Thank you mrblaine, I really appreciate it.

Forgot to mention that I got an update from one of our long term testers in Canada. He's been snow wheeling the crap out of it doing hill climbs with snow chains. That means he's spinning like crazy to chew down through the snow until he gets traction to climb.

A bit scary, eh?

roadsuk 12-26-2008 12:24 PM

Awesome, that's the kind of thing I like to hear! I don't do tire chains but we do get some snow here in Iowa and digging until traction is common.

mrbates 12-26-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblaine (Post 6241015)
Forgot to mention that I got an update from one of our long term testers in Canada. He's been snow wheeling the crap out of it doing hill climbs with snow chains. That means he's spinning like crazy to chew down through the snow until he gets traction to climb.

A bit scary, eh?

what size tires is he running? that sounds scary on 28's. i bet it is fun though.

mrblaine 12-26-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek B (Post 6241160)
what size tires is he running? that sounds scary on 28's. i bet it is fun though.

33's currently

jeep2008 12-26-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadsuk (Post 6240647)
This has been out a bit now and I am wondering opinions from people who have wheeled with this. What are you running with it ( I have tru-tracks f/r), kinds of trails and general pros or cons? Any search I do doesn't seem to have any much in terms of 1st hand experience and ends up in a pissing match of naysayers so I don't want that. Thanks in advance! :cheers2:

i can't see it in your info that's why i'm asking,do you have abs?

wrangler2007 12-26-2008 03:24 PM

Is the guy running 33's with the jeep in canada...he have the 30 spline or 27 spline and what type of differential?

roadsuk 12-26-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2008 (Post 6241840)
i can't see it in your info that's why i'm asking,do you have abs?

No, I don't have ABS.

mrblaine 12-26-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangler2007 (Post 6241869)
Is the guy running 33's with the jeep in canada...he have the 30 spline or 27 spline and what type of differential?

27 spline with an ARB.

Steelman 12-26-2008 03:53 PM

I have the Superior C-Clip eliminator in my d35 axle. 27-spline and a Tru-Track. Running 33" tires.

Blaine would have to remind me of how long I've had it installed, but it's been several months, and so far, absolutely NO problems with it. (plan on taking it out to Truckhaven in a couple of weeks to beat on it some more!) As for the type of terrain...it's mostly rocks and a bunch of pavement! :D

mrblaine 12-26-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelman (Post 6241995)

Blaine would have to remind me of how long I've had it installed, but it's been several months, and so far, absolutely NO problems with it.

You're such a spaz. It's been installed since 11-11-07. :rofl:

The time now is 11:22 PM.