Cylinder 6 Misfire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cylinder 6 Misfire

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
ramil89
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cylinder 6 Misfire

Hey guys,

My glorious check engine light came on...again. Before it came on and said I had a cylinder 6 misfire, so I replaced all of my spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. It ran smoother for a couple of days, then the engine light came back on and it feels "laggy" or it hesitates when I drive. I have a bad clutch as well that I'm replacing on Sunday, but I'm trying to distinct the difference between my engine and clutch problems. I went to my local Oil Can Henry's today for them to plug in the diagnostic tester, and what do you know- cylinder 6 misfire again. I'm confused on what else can be done, or what my other problems could be. I obviously have a inline 6, 4.0L engine. Thanks in advance!

ramil89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil89 View Post
Hey guys,

My glorious check engine light came on...again. Before it came on and said I had a cylinder 6 misfire, so I replaced all of my spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. It ran smoother for a couple of days, then the engine light came back on and it feels "laggy" or it hesitates when I drive. I have a bad clutch as well that I'm replacing on Sunday, but I'm trying to distinct the difference between my engine and clutch problems. I went to my local Oil Can Henry's today for them to plug in the diagnostic tester, and what do you know- cylinder 6 misfire again. I'm confused on what else can be done, or what my other problems could be. I obviously have a inline 6, 4.0L engine. Thanks in advance!
Problems I have seen before that caused a 0306. Exhaust leak, bad plug, bad valve, bad plug wire, bad injector.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

X2... and that would probably be the only thing.How many miles on motor?Try switching the plug and the wire.I know it's a pain in the *** but you can get bad one of each.You could always pull a compression check also.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Gonda
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What did the plug look like that you took out of #6? Can you post a pic?
Gonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.