Cutting body lift spacers ? How long are 1 inch body lift bolts ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cutting body lift spacers ? How long are 1 inch body lift bolts ?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
MAYNARDZ71
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cutting body lift spacers ? How long are 1 inch body lift bolts ?

Ok i have a 97 TJ with a 3 inch body and i just ordered a 4 inch suspension lift. I want to cut the 3 inch body spacers in half to 1.5 but i dont know how long of bolts to get ? Also what all do i need to get with this 4 inch lift http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...item20b6ae8166 ? brake lines ? SYE ? or can i get away with out any of them.

MAYNARDZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Get a bolt an inch and a half smaller than you have in there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
FirstJeep05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Did it work?

Hey I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. I have a 3" body lift and am planning on getting a 4" pro comp SL. But 7" is just too much Did ya end up cutting the spacers? What did ya use to cut it? And how long where the screws ya ended up getting? Thanks for helping
FirstJeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
zboss86
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I did the same with my 2" lift. Just pull out the bolts and measure them... If you cut an inch off, get an inch shorter bolt. There's only 2 or 3 different lengths in the group.
zboss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeep05 View Post
Hey I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. I have a 3" body lift and am planning on getting a 4" pro comp SL. But 7" is just too much Did ya end up cutting the spacers? What did ya use to cut it? And how long where the screws ya ended up getting? Thanks for helping
Take them to a machine shop, shouldn't cost much, maybe a 12 pack.
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
FirstJeep05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I noticed you're also from Texas. Would you by chance be from Houston? And when you say machine shop what do you mean by that. Can you give me an example? Sorry I'm sorta new to all this
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm from DFW. Google "Houston machine shop" and take the body lift to your nearest one they should'nt charge much to cut them down.
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeep05
Stay far, far away from procomp lifts! Procomp lifts are the bottom of the barrel.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
Stay far, far away from procomp lifts! Procomp lifts are the bottom of the barrel.
They're no worse than Zone lifts.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatchy

They're no worse than Zone lifts.
They absolutely are. At least zone lifts have a better shock offered with their kit and are made in the USA.
Unread 11-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
FirstJeep05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well my firmd has a pro comp lift and he has nothing but good things to say about them. The main reason I'm inking about pro comp is that I found a shop that sells pro comp lifts and would sell it and install it for me for $1000. And so far that's the cheapest if seen it. Before lookin at pro comp I looked at BDS. Are they any good? I like the lifetime warrenty
Unread 11-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeep05
Well my firmd has a pro comp lift and he has nothing but good things to say about them. The main reason I'm inking about pro comp is that I found a shop that sells pro comp lifts and would sell it and install it for me for $1000. And so far that's the cheapest if seen it. Before lookin at pro comp I looked at BDS. Are they any good? I like the lifetime warrenty
Bds springs are some of the best you can buy. I have owned a procomp lift and from experience I can tell you there is no comparison in quality to what I have now, which I am still have a lot to improving upon. Procomp control arms are crap and can damage your brackets. They come with a drop pitman arm that shouldn't be used unless you want bump steer. Their shocks suck. I don't have anything good to say about them other then their springs aren't bad.
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

bds or zone are good quality with a great warranty.
avoid procomp and rough country.
look into an sye and cv drive shaft. your gonna need it.
u can do control arms later when funds allow.
glfwda #6624
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
bds or zone are good quality with a great warranty.
avoid procomp and rough country.
look into an sye and cv drive shaft. your gonna need it.
u can do control arms later when funds allow.
But you need upper rear adjustable control arms if you install a SYE, the rear pinion has to be on the same slope as the rear driveshaft.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.