Custom Storage box done! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Custom Storage box done!

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
puttputt56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Storage unit

Great project, love seeing father son projects. Glad you are learning somethings about tools etc. I would also like to see a picture with the unit pulled out. In the picture it looks like the rear tailgate latch stud will be in the way when lifting the lid of the box or is it just the angle of the picture. Plus there are some battery operated lights that you would be able to install on the inside lid and not have to run wires to it. Plus the wires would have to be able to move since the box moves. Again great job!! puttputt56

puttputt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

Thanks puttputt56! the rear tailgate latch stud is in the way of opening the lid. We measured it out and took it into account before making cuts, but somehow we managed to forget about it when the actual cutting time came. thats when i learned to measure 50 times and cut once. haha. now you just have to open the lid up an inch or two before fully sliding it out. i'll get some pictures of it slid out of the tailgate as soon as i get around to stealin my dad's camera and snappin some.
im interested in the battery operated lights for the inside. where would i find these? have a link?
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #18
rmtomasin
1998 ZJ 

scott you should put one or two of these in the box http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index....ROD&ProdID=180
Built Not Bought #233
98 ZJ I6
Build Thread
rmtomasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
imbezol
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's pretty cool. I saw a guy in one of the local clubs that had built a large slide out storage system in his Nissan Pathfinder and it's got me thinking that I'd like to build something for the TJ at some point. It'd be so much better than having the stuff all over the back of the Jeep all the time.
imbezol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #20
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbezol View Post
That's pretty cool. I saw a guy in one of the local clubs that had built a large slide out storage system in his Nissan Pathfinder and it's got me thinking that I'd like to build something for the TJ at some point. It'd be so much better than having the stuff all over the back of the Jeep all the time.
I love having a box back there. before i had everything thrown around in the back and i couldnt never find anything. this is much more organized. plus, im always that guy that who has the tool you need to my friends now. lol
Unread 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #21
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

Heres a picture I found of the box fully slid out. We had to use some blocks of wood to keep it from fully slidng out for the mean time. under the weight of all the gear the box will bowe down.

Last edited by ScottHarr_TJ; 03-04-2009 at 07:20 PM..
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good gives me an idea on how to secure mine:

New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.