Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

currie springs vs. re springs

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dogman 
#1 ·
I know a lot of people on this forum use savy products.and they sell the currie 4 inch springs.are they a better choice than the re 4.5s. such as ride quality(spring rates) and such? actual ride height isnt an issue as i have 5.5 re right now so im trying to lower the jeep a bit anyway. i have 35s so clearance isnt a big concern.thanks for any recommendations.

#2 ·
I'm not really sure how the 4" springs would work with your 5.5" kit...that's an interesting bit of suspension geometry due to the 1.5" reduction in lift. I will say that mixing and matching between systems isn't forbidden by any means, but that I also cannot tell you how well it will work in this case.

In my experience, Currie makes a very good product across the board. I don't have experience with their springs, directly, but based on their other products that I've seen/used, I have no doubt that the springs are of very high quality.

Ride quality depends on a lot of things...vehicle weight and weight distribution, tires/tire pressure, shocks/shock mounting locations, etc, etc, etc...the Currie springs may change the ride quality, but I couldn't predict in what specific way.

#3 ·
From what I've read, the RE springs give about 1" more lift than stated. So, the 4.5" springs would actually give you about 5.5".

I thought the Currie springs ran true to size, but you would need to confirm that with someone like Gerald or Blaine that has more experience with those.

What shocks are you running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.