Currie Front End JJ housing kit? Currie/Savvy Arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Currie Front End JJ housing kit? Currie/Savvy Arms

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie Front End JJ housing kit? Currie/Savvy Arms

is this kit required to install Currie JJ upper arms or is it just an optional upgrade from stock?

Also, I am debating between the Currie JJ uppers or the Savvy/Currie Upper arms that are made from aluminum and have adjustable joints on both ends rather than one.

drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It puts a JJ on the axle end instead of the stock bushing. It isn't required.

The Savvy arms can be adjusted while on the vehicle with the adjustable JJ's on each end. The basic Currie arms need to be unbolted to be adjusted.
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
It puts a JJ on the axle end instead of the stock bushing. It isn't required.

The Savvy arms can be adjusted while on the vehicle with the adjustable JJ's on each end. The basic Currie arms need to be unbolted to be adjusted.
Thanks for the reply.

You think the Savvy ones are really worth it if I don't plan on lifting my Jeep more than what I am going to?

I was also looking at different vendors and came across Frankenstein Offroad. I can get the standard Currie Upper Adj. for about 40buck cheaper than savvy plus free shipping. Anyone have experience with these guys?
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's up to you if it's worth it or not. If you're going to do your own work, the ease of adjust-ability will save you a ton of time and frustration. I wish I had them for all of the time I've spent trying yo get my junk adjusted right. I will be getting them.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Currie now has adjustable arms for the rear while they are bolted to the axle. I would have bought the Savvy's when I did mine, but I was a month to early on Savvy's release. I really like the bling factor of the Savvy arms. Back to your question, the front axle JJ upgrade is optional, but it makes axle articulation alot better and gets rid of the junk OEM bushings.
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not necessary. It gets rid of the remaining bushings and tightens up the front end, making it next to impossible for DW to get a chance as long as you have a good track bar and steering.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Not necessary. It gets rid of the remaining bushings and tightens up the front end, making it next to impossible for DW to get a chance as long as you have a good track bar and steering.
Is there a high chance of DW if i stick to the stock bushing setup?
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05

Is there a high chance of DW if i stick to the stock bushing setup?
If everything else (control arms, steering, track bar) are quality parts in good shape probably not. But if all that is true and you do get DW then you probably have a reasonable guess what the cause is. If the rest of your front end is a mess though then who knows.
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If they allow play, yes. Not necessarily full blown DW, but wobble to a lesser degree. If you wheel, they'll only be overstressed and.will fail eventually. Mine were toast and I thougt my front end felt solid before. After the JJ's, it was a different story.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
If everything else (control arms, steering, track bar) are quality parts in good shape probably not. But if all that is true and you do get DW then you probably have a reasonable guess what the cause is. If the rest of your front end is a mess though then who knows.
Almost all the suspension parts on my jeep are going to be replaced when I lift my Jeep so that will be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
If they allow play, yes. Not necessarily full blown DW, but wobble to a lesser degree. If you wheel, they'll only be overstressed and.will fail eventually. Mine were toast and I thougt my front end felt solid before. After the JJ's, it was a different story.
With the JJ's did you notice a difference in the handling of your jeep?
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Our aluminum double ended adjustable are close in price to the standard Currie arms or CE-9103S DOM arms (S=Savvy by the way.)

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Having used both, the double end adjustables are well worth it. I have always thought adjusting the pinion angle was a pain, not hard, just a pain. I needed new rear uppers and went they a set of the double ends. After installing my underarmor I needed to adjust the pinion again. It took minutes! Super easy and way faster.
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Having used both, the double end adjustables are well worth it. I have always thought adjusting the pinion angle was a pain, not hard, just a pain. I needed new rear uppers and went they a set of the double ends. After installing my underarmor I needed to adjust the pinion again. It took minutes! Super easy and way faster.
So with standard ones you literally have to take the entire arm off and adjust it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Our aluminum double ended adjustable are close in price to the standard Currie arms or CE-9103S DOM arms (S=Savvy by the way.)
I was noticing that their prices are pretty close hmm what to do.
Unread 08-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
LJALLEN
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
So with standard ones you literally have to take the entire arm off and adjust it?

No, you only have to remove one end to adjust.
Do yourself a favor and go SAVVY!
LJALLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05

Like said above just one end, but it never lines back up after it's adjusted. I always had to use a ratchet strap, or some other red neck system to make it work.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.